OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I just linked up with this thread tonight. First sorry for your loss in the family @Jedi1199 its never easy on anyone, so be well. Congrats on having the fortitude to do these rips, it takes guts and faith, along with guidance. I see @brandon429 is helping a ton with this, so thanks Brandon. Stick with it, you miss a day or two and have to regroup a bit that's life. You know this already regardless based on your attitude, just reiterating it.
Will keep following along....it goes UP, and will keep going UP from here!

Thank you for the kind words @CanuckReefer ... You and I have always been kindred spirits here.

I lost my oldest brother back on the 2nd. This is why I have not updated.

I am sad that he never got the chance to see my tanks in person. He would have loved them. I feel his absence in my heart every day, and I will truly miss his presence in my life.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words @CanuckReefer ... You and I have always been kindred spirits here.

I lost my oldest brother back on the 2nd. This is why I have not updated.

I am sad that he never got the chance to see my tanks in person. He would have loved them. I feel his absence in my heart every day, and I will truly miss his presence in my life.
Ah, geez.... I am so sorry. This was close then. I am happy to hear you had a great relationship with him. The absence in your heart holds him close still. As I say, be well, and day by day.... tomorrow is a new one.

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE!! Today is Oct 29.. 10 days after the 2nd rip-clean on this tank... Here is what it looks like today...

IMG_0175.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gotta see Shadow_k’s rip clean of a tank just this size though

it’s so detailed it may change your mind on some of the plans, for the benefit of your reef after the cleaning

the least fuel that is upwelled in there as you remove rocks and set them back, the better

would you want to consider what shadow just did with a 20g it’s the best shocking after pics I’ve seen

rr1.jpg

r3.jpeg

there is a benefit to 100% cleaning vs 75% and its safer this way too. zero recycle risk this clean way here, wanted to note the option.
Yo B, do you not think we would wait for more than a few weeks to make it the poster boy? Shadows my homie, but that rip clean Just happened. We have no idea yet what it looks like in a year.

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo B, do you not think we would wait for more than a few weeks to make it the poster boy? Shadows my homie, but that rip clean Just happened. We have no idea yet what it looks like in a year.
I am curious.. with 3 documented representatives linked here in this thread, how you could deny the effectiveness of this treatment?

My personal thread is geared mainly towards the amount of "damage" you can do to a system and still have it skip-cycle, however, the results are clear. With proper maintenance there is no reason why this tank should not run as desired indefinitely.

I am curious to see how the other 2 are looking today. I bet you a donut they are looking as good as the day they were treated, provided the owners did their maintenance.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious.. with 3 documented representatives linked here in this thread, how you could deny the effectiveness of this treatment?

My personal thread is geared mainly towards the amount of "damage" you can do to a system and still have it skip-cycle, however, the results are clear. With proper maintenance there is no reason why this tank should not run as desired indefinitely.

I am curious to see how the other 2 are looking today. I bet you a donut they are looking as good as the day they were treated, provided the owners did their maintenance.
What’s happened to your blue tang, pajama and corals bud?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been doing and logging rip cleans for eight years, it’s ready for an example when I said it was, based on prior logs and patterns

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s happened to your blue tang, pajama and corals bud?

The Blue tang went into the 180g. That was an intended move since the day I got him.

The pajama and most of the corals went into the 55g. The corals will start moving back over once I am sure I have this tank stable. The pajama seems happy in the 55 with the other ones I have in there so I will likely leave him be.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That shrimp is mighty sensitive it will not live in bad conditions. A legit mine canary

Back