340l display tank stocking

Topnelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I've recently just set up my new 4ft tank total 460l water but 340l display volume. Currently waiting for it to cycle so I can transfer over my pair of lighting maroons, goby and pistol pair and my cleaner wrasse. As I'm sure we have all done im looking to make a proper stocking plan and thought I'd ask on here for any ideas. I'd like to possibly have a schooling fish like anthias but know maybe tanks too small and definitely a centerpiece fish like a tang most likely a bristletooth. Any suggestions and tips will be greatly appreciated :) thanks

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I think that if you stay away from the larger or aggressive anthias, like lyretail/barlett's/square back, you would be okay. Maybe dispar, or carberii, or ignitus might be some to look into? Hopefully some anthias experts can chime in. @Haydn and others.

One of the Bristle tooth tangs would be fine.

Those maroon clowns can get pretty aggressive, so watch out for that.

OP
OP
T

Topnelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I think that if you stay away from the larger or aggressive anthias, like lyretail/barlett's/square back, you would be okay. Maybe dispar, or carberii, or ignitus might be some to look into? Hopefully some anthias experts can chime in. @Haydn and others.

One of the Bristle tooth tangs would be fine.

Those maroon clowns can get pretty aggressive, so watch out for that.
Thanks for the welcome and response yes I know about the maroons they are small at the moment so not too bad but will be watching them lol. And I did like the lyretails but a good substitute would be the dispar by the looks of it, hopefully an anthias expert can help out. :)

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Maroons tend to be aggressive and may stress the shyer, small anthias causing them to hide. But having said that a small group (5-6) of Sunset Anthias (Pseudanthias parvirostris) or Resplendent Anthias (Pseudanthias pulcherrimus) may work. Sunsets tend to group better than Resplendent but neither species 'shoal'

OP
OP
T

Topnelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having what you've said there wouldn't a trio or so of lyretails be better suited as the maroons would be less likely to go for them? Or is tank to small for lyretails?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 63 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back