35 gallon stocking ideas

reef15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I am hoping to get some ideas of what fish to add to my tank. My tank is 35 gallon display, 5 gallon AIO sump

Right now I have:

- Fire fish
- Tail spot blenny
- Spotted pigmy filefish (1 inch now, 2 inches full grown)
- 2 ghost shrimp (I would be willing to rehome these as they came with the tank but they aren’t my favorite.)

My fire Fish and tail spot hides a lot, so I would like another colorful fish. I thought about adding clowns but I had some in the past and they were jerks to the other fish. All these fish are pretty peaceful. I don’t know if I want more territorial fish.

Here are some options I had in mind. I’m not sure what would fit. Or which ones would get along with the fish I already have.

- Banggai cardinal (1 or 2 ?)
- Lemon (citrus) flow goby (my lRS has a cool looking one
- or a yellow watchman goby
- clowns maybe?
- mandarin goby - in the distant future and only if I can find one that eats frozen.

What is your opinion? Which fish should I go for?

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I am hoping to get some ideas of what fish to add to my tank. My tank is 35 gallon display, 5 gallon AIO sump

Right now I have:

- Fire fish
- Tail spot blenny
- Spotted pigmy filefish (1 inch now, 2 inches full grown)
- 2 ghost shrimp (I would be willing to rehome these as they came with the tank but they aren’t my favorite.)

My fire Fish and tail spot hides a lot, so I would like another colorful fish. I thought about adding clowns but I had some in the past and they were jerks to the other fish. All these fish are pretty peaceful. I don’t know if I want more territorial fish.

Here are some options I had in mind. I’m not sure what would fit. Or which ones would get along with the fish I already have.

- Banggai cardinal (1 or 2 ?)
- Lemon (citrus) flow goby (my lRS has a cool looking one
- or a yellow watchman goby
- clowns maybe?
- mandarin goby - in the distant future and only if I can find one that eats frozen.

What is your opinion? Which fish should I go for?
I have a citron goby and he is the coolest. Always perching either on the glass or on different parts of the rock scape. Really lovely.

OP
OP
R

reef15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya the one at the LFS is really cool looking and seems to have a nice personality. I was thinking about getting him rather than a real clownfish as he is way more non aggressive.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back