35G Frag Tank (El Dorado)

8-Bit Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2019
Messages
60
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Not quite sure if this qualifies as a nano but I figured since its a 35g that this is probably the right place for it.
Anyway Ive been mostly a lurker around here for far too long and I just started this Frag tank and about to start several others so I figured that this would be the best time to start contributing some actual content.

Tank: Deep Blue 35g RR and Stand
Sump: Trigger Systems Emerald 26
ATO: Trigger Systems 5g Reservoir and Tunze Osmolator 3155
Lighting: Ecotech Radion XR15's x 2
Flow: MP10 or Nero 5 (undecided) and Vivid Creative Aquatics Random Flow Generator
Return: Sicce Syncra 2.0
Heater: Ehiem Jager 150W
Skimmer: An Old Eshoppes or Reef Octopus I have laying around, OR none.
Filtration: Filter floss, maybe some carbon, marine pure block, and some pond matrix
Accessories: Custom Frag Racks from Thomas at Anything Acrylic

1.JPG
 
Last edited:
Nice! I'm working on the 60 gallon model of this tank for my frag tank. Just need to grab a sump when I find the one I want for the right price.
 
Nice! I'm working on the 60 gallon model of this tank for my frag tank. Just need to grab a sump when I find the one I want for the right price.
I got INSANELY LUCKY, I got it for $600 for tank, stand, sump, heater, fuge light, and a bunch of live rock! but the luck doesn't end there. Someone had posted this for sale on a local forum and I mulled it over for a long time and when I finally decided to get it someone had just purchased it the day before, upset with myself I decided it just wasn't meant to be, and one day like 2-3 months later the same setup was on sale but this time from someone I had just bought an Elos mini from a few months before, and... now it's in my possession. Crazy huh?
 
Painted the inside of the stand with Killz 2 last night, so it should be all dry now.
Gonna start putting some of this stuff together before I hit the sack tonight, and hopefully I'll have most of it put together by tomorrow. (fingers crossed)
2.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new