36" Lumi Lite Dimensions?

Morpheosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone happen to know the actual length of the 36" Lumi Lite Reef Brite strip (with cord sticking out)? I've scoured the web and can't seem to find this in any of the specs and can't seem to find a manual online. I'm trying to determine if it will fit in a canopy over my 36" tank. Often times these light strips are an inch shorter give or take for that reason but not seeing that anywhere.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone happen to know the actual length of the 36" Lumi Lite Reef Brite strip (with cord sticking out)? I've scoured the web and can't seem to find this in any of the specs and can't seem to find a manual online. I'm trying to determine if it will fit in a canopy over my 36" tank. Often times these light strips are an inch shorter give or take for that reason but not seeing that anywhere.
I had the exact same question about the XHO fixtures.

I reached out to Joy @Reefbrite with an email. She got right back to me with exact dimensions.

Joy Meadows
Reef Brite
219 406 8940
[email protected]
https://www.facebook.com/ReefBrite/

Send her a quick email.

Edit: For the record the XHO fixtures are 3/8" shorter than their stated length. So a 36" XHO is 35 and 5/8" long.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, very helpful, email sent! Out of curiosity, in your estimation, how much additional room would you need to fit the cord if this were in a canopy?
I think that they design the product to fit inside the stated length for the very reason that you are asking about. Just my thoughts.

There would be alot of angry people out there complaining if they didn't.

The problem that I think you will have is that the available space inside your hood is likely to be less than 36". Do you have the hood yet? Or do you know the inside dimensions of the hood?
You could angle the fixture slightly to fit it in if it does wind up being tight. Nobody will see it.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 33.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back