375 Gallon Mixed Reef Peninsula

blfuller123

375 Mixed Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this tank from a guy selling it locally with almost everything needed to get it up and running. I have a 120 gallon setup that I will be combining equipment where possible. My 120 is setup as a mixed reef and I have SPS and LPS, the new tank will be similar on a larger scale.

This tank measure 96x30x30 with the overflow on one end and will be setup as a peninsula partially dividing my living room and kitchen so it will be a center piece.

As far as equipment, I will be using the ecotech L2 and M2 pumps for the return and manifold, 4 eco tech MP40s, a reef octopus 300 skimmer, a vertex calcium reactor, and ozone generator and an 80 watt uv. I will be using 4-4 bulb T5 fixtures 4 Kessil 360s for lighting and a stenner dual head perlistic pump for continuous water changes. I will be using the GHL P4 to control everything.

The tank did come with a stand but no canopy. The previous owner of the tank had one of the long sides painted and up against the wall. When I got everything to the house, the first thing I did was get that old paint off the glass.

I plan on using the reef octopus skimmer that came with the tank. After a vinegar bath, the pump seems to work well and the skimmer looks to be in really good shape.

The GHL equipment is currently running the 120 I have that includes a P4 system with the display mounted on the wall, the KH director, 2 additional 4 pump heads along with 3 power bars. One if the power bars is in my laundry room controlling my mixing station and my ATO. I will be adding 2 more power bars for the lighting since they are not dimmable fixtures.

I did get a 40 gallon breeder tank with it that was being used as a sump. I was looking at having a custom one built but after some research, its going to be like a 6 week minimum to do this. I do have a CNC router so I have decided to make one myself. That will be the next project once the stand it finished.

This is everything after unloading my trailer. I did get a bunch of rock and sand along with a vertex skimmer body, a couple misc. pumps and a stand.

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

Since the tank is going in the living room, I decided to remake it so that it match everything else in there. I am also adding a canopy for this. Here is where I am now, the stand and canopy. The stand will have 2 sets of double doors on the long sides and a single door on the short side. The canopy will have just have 2 sets of double doors on each side. The stand is 40 inches tall and the canopy is about 18 inches tall. I still need to make the cabinet inside the stand for the GHL equipment and the other 16 doors and it will be ready to paint.

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

OP
OP
blfuller123

blfuller123

375 Mixed Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ dang that is some nice wood working there!

Thanks but im just an amateur...

Been busy today 16 no-frills doors finished and got the canopy doors hung, still need to get the stand doors hung. Im hoping to get it all painted this weekend.

IMG_0734[3351].jpg

IMG_0735[3352].jpg

IMG_0738[3353].jpg

OP
OP
blfuller123

blfuller123

375 Mixed Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a week it has been. I got the sump drawn out and after I got my material list together, my local acrylic supplier tells me that he has no cast acrylic, only extruded with no timeline when it will be available again due to the Covid mess. Then hurricane Laura keep me busy preparing for that before it ducked to the east at the last minute.

I started trying to find someone to build the sump for me and I keep getting a minimum of 6 weeks build time. I did find finally someone to build what I designed and it should be here in a couple of weeks.

Here is the sump I have being built. It will have 8 4 inch filter socks on the one end, a refugium area, a skimmer area and then the return pump area. This leaves plenty of room for my calcium reactor, co2 tank, c02 scrubber and the skimmer waste collector all inside the stand.

IMG_0748.JPG

Around mid week I got the 4th Kessil light, the ecotech M2 return pump and the UV light. I hung all of the t5 fixtures trying to see how I am going to run the wiring. I have 2 GHL power bars coming for the canopy to run the lights.

IMG_0755.JPG

Here is the canopy looking down on it. I have wood pieces cut to cover the entire top but I am not sure I will be using them.

IMG_0754.JPG

I drew the sump foot print out inside the stand so I could start the plumbing. I did get the manifold made up. The ecotech M2 that is running the 120 tank is what the manifold is connected to. The manifold is going to feed the UV and I have 5 other valves that I can use for reactors or what ever.

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

OP
OP
blfuller123

blfuller123

375 Mixed Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a 50 gallon frag tank from a guy locally and I had a 20 gallon tank that I decided to use to transfer my livestock. I got those setup and got everything moved. I am starting the new tank with dry rock.

IMG_0790[3807].jpg

I got the 120 drained and started pulling out all of the old equipment.

IMG_0789[3806].jpg

Here is where the new tank is going. The GHL touch display is still visible and I still have access to the water change and top off lines.

IMG_0792[3811].jpg

I got the stand and canopy moved to where they will be. Just waiting on the sump and it will be ready to start filling.

IMG_0793[3812].jpg

IMG_0794[3813].jpg

OP
OP
blfuller123

blfuller123

375 Mixed Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the GHL re-configured and most of the wiring run in the stand and canopy, at least until the tank is set on the stand and the canopy is put on. I have door switches for the stand lights coming tomorrow and I think thats about it for the stand and canopy until the tank is in place.

I may start on getting my rock figured out in the meantime.

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

OP
OP
blfuller123

blfuller123

375 Mixed Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive work for an ‘amateur’ if you ask me. Great build so far, looking forward to updates on this one.

Thank you.

The sump is supposed to be finished by the end of the week.

Using the old stand, I started on my rock and this is close to what I want. The arches are cemented, I dont want to do much more until its inside the tank.

IMG_0839[3917].jpg

IMG_0838[3916].jpg

ge4rhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a 50 gallon frag tank from a guy locally and I had a 20 gallon tank that I decided to use to transfer my livestock. I got those setup and got everything moved. I am starting the new tank with dry rock.

IMG_0790[3807].jpg

I got the 120 drained and started pulling out all of the old equipment.

IMG_0789[3806].jpg

Here is where the new tank is going. The GHL touch display is still visible and I still have access to the water change and top off lines.

IMG_0792[3811].jpg

I got the stand and canopy moved to where they will be. Just waiting on the sump and it will be ready to start filling.

IMG_0793[3812].jpg

IMG_0794[3813].jpg
Looks awesome. Seems really high lol. Maybe it’s just me. Lots of space tho.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks but im just an amateur...

Been busy today 16 no-frills doors finished and got the canopy doors hung, still need to get the stand doors hung. Im hoping to get it all painted this weekend.

IMG_0734[3351].jpg

IMG_0735[3352].jpg

IMG_0738[3353].jpg
Who are you kidding, you ain't no amateur, that looks great!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back