3a and 3b keep crystallizing in dosing container

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

furyofthegnomes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week ago they crystallized in my containers and so I put them in a pot of water and heated them up to dissolve the crystals, but they did it again today. These are kept in my office at temps between 70 and 74 degrees. I know they are sensitive to the cold as I used to store my extra in my basement and it crystallized down there but it shouldn't be happening at 70 degrees. Even more frustrating is that it has messed up a few heads on my dos pumps from the crystals and now I have to replace another one or two. Anyone have any insight on this? I'm thinking maybe I have a bad batch and am thinking of ordering a small amount and trying a different batch or just say heck with it and drop triton. If anyone has any knowledge on this please let me know. Thanks in advance.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week ago they crystallized in my containers and so I put them in a pot of water and heated them up to dissolve the crystals, but they did it again today. These are kept in my office at temps between 70 and 74 degrees. I know they are sensitive to the cold as I used to store my extra in my basement and it crystallized down there but it shouldn't be happening at 70 degrees. Even more frustrating is that it has messed up a few heads on my dos pumps from the crystals and now I have to replace another one or two. Anyone have any insight on this? I'm thinking maybe I have a bad batch and am thinking of ordering a small amount and trying a different batch or just say heck with it and drop triton. If anyone has any knowledge on this please let me know. Thanks in advance.

This was happening to me too, so I just ended up buying the 5L bottles. https://www.triton-reagents.de/en/corechem/base-elements-5l

So much better! And it's cheaper in the long run.

OP
OP
furyofthegnomes

furyofthegnomes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I have and use to fill up the smaller glass containers that I dose from.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back