3D Printed Ecotech RMS Shim

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrettE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BrettE

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2022
Messages
248
Reaction score
271
Location
Parker, CO
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi All,

I'm setting up my tank, and I noticed (like many others) that the Ecotech RMS sags. I printed a few test shims, and decided that 2.4mm worked well to level the arm. However, holding the shim while tightening the knob was a pain, and I was worried about dropping it into my ATO reservoir. I added a sliding dovetail to the wedge, and shaped it like the RMS bracket. It's still not quite the right shape, so I've gotta fix that. However I thought it was cool, and I wanted to share.

Have a great weekend!
Brett

IMG_0990.jpeg
 
Hi All,

I'm setting up my tank, and I noticed (like many others) that the Ecotech RMS sags. I printed a few test shims, and decided that 2.4mm worked well to level the arm. However, holding the shim while tightening the knob was a pain, and I was worried about dropping it into my ATO reservoir. I added a sliding dovetail to the wedge, and shaped it like the RMS bracket. It's still not quite the right shape, so I've gotta fix that. However I thought it was cool, and I wanted to share.

Have a great weekend!
Brett

IMG_0990.jpeg

Any chance you would be willing to sell a few of these? Of post/send the file needed to print them?
 
Sure. I meant to post the files, but totally forgot. I’ll get them up tonight. Or I can print and ship to you too. Either way.
Hello Brett, any chance you would be willing to print and sell me one of these shims? I’m running into the sagging issue and this shim you made seems to be exactly what I need. I will pay you for everything including shipping, printing, and for your time. Thank you.
 
I think I have a few extras kicking around. I could probably send you 3. Want to shoot me a PM?
Hi Bret, do you mind selling me one shim? I got my rms mount for xr30 yesterday and it has the exact same sagging issue and this bothers me a lot.
 
Hi Bret, do you mind selling me one shim? I got my rms mount for xr30 yesterday and it has the exact same sagging issue and this bothers me a lot.
Sure. Send me a PM with your address, I’ll figure out shipping and we can get it out to you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new