3rd fish

MrMeanyHead

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2026
Messages
120
Reaction score
48
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any recommendations for a third fish to add to a pair of clowns.
Current thoughts are fire fish, blenny/goby(with a pistol shrimp), Bangai cardinal, royal gramma, wrasse, gumdrop fish, basslet, dottyback, Jawfish or damsel fish.
Sorry I know that’s a lot, I’m somewhat interested in all and wanted to know everyone’s opinions on each.

Also wondering if people think another clown instead of a third fish
 
Background on your tank will help others give good recommendations on what fish is compatible to your specific environment & needs. Info like the age of the system, reef or fowler, volume, aqua scape, husbandry practices, etc.
 
Background on your tank will help others give good recommendations on what fish is compatible to your specific environment & needs. Info like the age of the system, reef or fowler, volume, aqua scape, husbandry practices, etc.
I’m still planning right now, I have the tank and most of the equipment but I can’t set it up till I move this summer. I’m more so just looking for what people like or dislike about these fish.
This will most likely be a reef tank but may be Fowler for the first few months so my system can age up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new