3rd tankset up

Richard Schmidt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to family issues I had to downsize my 200 to a 90 cube.
My new build home could not support anything bigger.
My wife (read boss) told me this was the last tank I would ever set up (I'm 62 years old), and I said fine.
She then informed me that an anemone and clowns are a priority, and anemone better be very bright.
I'm color blind so I am looking for input on the most color saturated anemone that is safe for a reef tank that will be mostly SPS.
I'm sure all kinds of opinions will be voiced, but please include pictures so I can show them to the "Boss".
This is my last tank and I want to make her happy (me too).

Rick

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey at least you have the blessing. I like a significant other as a supporter to this hobby. Keep us posted with a build thread.

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are a good man. Do you have a certain type of clownfish you want to keep since that might dictate which types of anemones you can use?

Taylor t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was mine, I'd hunt for a purple/pink H.malu. Keep it in the sand, away from your sps.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/detailed_image.cfm?pCatId=637
DFS calls it a pink malu. Their picture doesn't do it justice when it's acclimated. It gets really full looking, and much longer tentacles. They typically get around 8-10" tops. Once acclimated and established, bulletproof easy to keep. Can be a tough one to find, and get acclimated, the few I've seen in person have real short tentacles and look in poor condition. I think there's a good chance any clown you chose would accept it too. Best of luck in your search, hunting for tank livestock is the most fun part.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back