F266DD43-9110-4FA7-AA9E-2797B99831D5.jpeg
358DB866-6264-4B2B-BB59-7759EE4E2E22.jpeg

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not wait to start stocking up my 25. Tank looks great! I really wanted to pick up the 26 but had 2 A80's on hand so I'm going to try them out first. Corals are really popping for you.

Do you keep up with your Alk/Calc with just larger water changes or are you dosing?

In regards to the heater issue you brought up origionally- I split my heating between two neotherm 75 watts in the return chamber, basically immediacy on the inside of each side of the chamber suction cuped to the walls. Have them hook into an inkbird heater controller (temp prob in second chamber)

Bout two weeks into my cycle. Gorgeous wrasse as well. You had mentioned wanting to add some Bangaiis, hows all your live stock doing?

OP
OP
cpschult

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not wait to start stocking up my 25. Tank looks great! I really wanted to pick up the 26 but had 2 A80's on hand so I'm going to try them out first. Corals are really popping for you.

Do you keep up with your Alk/Calc with just larger water changes or are you dosing?

In regards to the heater issue you brought up origionally- I split my heating between two neotherm 75 watts in the return chamber, basically immediacy on the inside of each side of the chamber suction cuped to the walls. Have them hook into an inkbird heater controller (temp prob in second chamber)

Bout two weeks into my cycle. Gorgeous wrasse as well. You had mentioned wanting to add some Bangaiis, hows all your live stock doing?

I’m looking into diy’ing a diffuser to kill some of the hot spots and so I can raise the lights a bit. It’s in our living room and is way to bright from couch if the lights are to high. I thought about using two a80s but got this hydra 26 cheaper (trade in of old hydras).

I currently add one cup of saturated kalkwasser to 5 gallon ato, and do weekly water changes. Water changes range from - large McDonald’s size cup to 5 gallons. Depends on my ambition level. Using Kent salt with low alk. A very successful friend recommended it. I don’t measure alk often*knock on wood*

Fish are all doing great. Did some get two Bangaii. Current stocking list is 2xbangaii, 1xblue star leopard wrasse, possum wrasse, yellow watchmen goby, one clown, and one ******* purple fire fish. I feed a ton, probably to much and I’m starting to get a bit of hair algae. Probably going to pick up a few more members for my clean up crew.

I’ve lost a few zoas but I think my lights were just to bright. Backed them down to 40-50% and all my new zoas seem to be doing fine.

Can’t wait to see your pics! This tank is by far my favorite of the three tanks I’ve had. Just so easy!

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Nice looking tank! Are you happy with the IM 25?? I’m looking at getting one.

What do the back compartments look like? Is there a place to put an ATO unit?

OP
OP
cpschult

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Nice looking tank! Are you happy with the IM 25?? I’m looking at getting one.

What do the back compartments look like? Is there a place to put an ATO unit?
012EA133-AE04-4579-B1ED-FAC40978B40C.jpeg

This tank is incredible! By far the favorite I’ve had so far. I lucked into it off craigslist.

Hard to see with my picture but two side compartments on each side and one larger center compartment. Have to put ato sensor in center. I’ve got marine pure balls and rubble in side compartments. Compartment.

I found a baby rock nem!! That means I’ve got males and females in the tank yay!!

EB4D2501-5FCA-4720-A5F0-F9E4E2904343.jpeg

803F0C51-A367-4250-9343-DA1B89DD7822.jpeg

OP
OP
cpschult

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F4B22F14-1776-4916-99CC-81B3D2B10D93.jpeg
869748CB-7B28-4212-A673-C2A2DDE33ADD.jpeg
Loving these alien anti venoms and this cool corralline algae! Really starting to grow well. Bounce garden looking crazy too!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks really nice! I am from Milwaukee as well and have a IM25g! I ordered 3 blue stars from LA and 2 of the three survived but one looked like it was going to die the first few days. I had them feeding on live brine and transitioned them to LRS pretty quick. I wish my coralline would take off like that! Wow!

So no brown fish for your son? I was thinking tailspot blenny :D

OP
OP
cpschult

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks really nice! I am from Milwaukee as well and have a IM25g! I ordered 3 blue stars from LA and 2 of the three survived but one looked like it was going to die the first few days. I had them feeding on live brine and transitioned them to LRS pretty quick. I wish my coralline would take off like that! Wow!

So no brown fish for your son? I was thinking tailspot blenny :D

Tambaerv, you had those three tanks you posted on Wrs right? How are they doing, they looked great! You should post an update!

Wife and son like the pretty fish (so does dad lol). I got that plating corraline from a local, now he’s selling under boom corals on here.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I haven't updated many of the threads and should do that. Tanks got neglected a bit over summer but all recovering and nothing really died so that's good. Some of the SPS actually seem to look better now, probably liked the dirty tank water. One of my lights died so my LPS tank was without a proper light for a long time (months) while I was waiting on a nano-box order... this caused some GHA and a few things bleached, the zoas were stretching like crazy but everything is turning around pretty quick with the new light. It sounds worse than it is.

Thanks for the tip about Boom Corals, I have bought from lakeside reef and love his stuff so I will check out the new site. I saw he does local pickup so that's always a nice way to save some cash too!

OP
OP
cpschult

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I haven't updated many of the threads and should do that. Tanks got neglected a bit over summer but all recovering and nothing really died so that's good. Some of the SPS actually seem to look better now, probably liked the dirty tank water. One of my lights died so my LPS tank was without a proper light for a long time (months) while I was waiting on a nano-box order... this caused some GHA and a few things bleached, the zoas were stretching like crazy but everything is turning around pretty quick with the new light. It sounds worse than it is.

Thanks for the tip about Boom Corals, I have bought from lakeside reef and love his stuff so I will check out the new site. I saw he does local pickup so that's always a nice way to save some cash too!

If you pick up ask him to throw some in! He just gave me a piece I crunched up and dropped in the tank. Now I’ve got it everywhere and I love it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back