4’x2’x2’ build… The Dragons’ Forest

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch. Ah well, dated a chem major in undergrad. Didn't work out. Btw, biology gets much more interesting after university!
I think it wasn’t well taught back then. To be fair he has the equivalent of a masters in both chemistry and biology. He just hated getting the latter.

And honestly I’m a physics and engineering nerd. I know practically nothing practical but give me some nice theoretical problem. My brain is just wired for it.

Can’t ****ing stand chemistry though. So boring. Sorry dad :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm young too! Barely graduated with my Bachelor's degree in 2015!

I'm not going to mention that I started my Bachelor's degree in 1999...
I graduated with my undergrad in 2017. Started in 2006.
(Edit: correction to the year)

My engineer father once told this joke while mixing Gatorade: if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the persipitate.

Last edited:

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I graduated with my undergrad in 2011. Started in 2006.

My engineer father once told this joke while mixing Gatorade: if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the persipitate.
That’s an excellent dad joke.
1700395482882.png

For me 2013 to late 2018. 5 years plus a summer semester.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an excellent dad joke.
1700395482882.png
Another one of his is:
what are groundhogs alegic to?
"What"
Little bits of flying lead.
For me 2013 to late 2018. 5 years plus a summer semester.
Kinda rushed there don't you think?

Also I got mine wrong, 2011 was career change no. 1.
Graduation was 2017 I think.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I started in 1999, dropped out like 8 times, went back in 2011 and graduated with my Associates degree in 2012. Decided I was done. Went back in 2013 and graduated with my Bachelor's degree in 2015.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Saturday, I noticed a minor injury on my Tilefish’s eye but didn’t really worry about it.
IMG_8020.jpeg

Today, his eye looks perfectly normal! Unfortunately, the lights are blue and I’ve just done a feeding (well, partial feeding - I’ll get onto that in a moment). But just look at how his eye went from incredibly abnormal to just fine!
image.jpg

So, my take away from this is… don’t worry about every minor detail as most of the time, it can be cured with time and health as long as a fish is kept happy, fat and isn’t thrown under too much stress.

And now, this leads me nicely onto my achievement tonight… 31 pots of food completed!
IMG_8044.jpeg

In each pot is the exact same ingredients however, each pot varies slightly as some have the juices from one mixture but the meat from another, some have one mixture only, some have a small amount from one mixture and a larger amount from another and others have a larger amount from the other mixture whilst having a smaller amount from the second mixture.

I didn’t get a photo of what went in however it doesn’t vary much from what I had last time in the mix. I always use the same base mix - heavy on mysis and then a couple of other foods thrown in (this time it was Red Plankton, Bloodworms, Cyclops, Copepods, Mussle, brine shrimp and a few others).
IMG_7447.jpeg

IMG_7451.jpeg

If you ever have the time to, make your own foods! You don’t have to start completely from scratch and can do what I do and mix in frozen cubes (thawed down) and then add in dry foods like pellet, algae etc. Or you can start completely from scratch!

This is the best way I’ve found to keep fat and healthy fish as you can know exactly what goes in and how much. I personally throw it into 2 bowls and then wish for the best however that’s how I keep a varied diet as some nights they get more mysis and other nights they get more of the algae side.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Saturday, I noticed a minor injury on my Tilefish’s eye but didn’t really worry about it.
IMG_8020.jpeg

Today, his eye looks perfectly normal! Unfortunately, the lights are blue and I’ve just done a feeding (well, partial feeding - I’ll get onto that in a moment). But just look at how his eye went from incredibly abnormal to just fine!
image.jpg

So, my take away from this is… don’t worry about every minor detail as most of the time, it can be cured with time and health as long as a fish is kept happy, fat and isn’t thrown under too much stress.

And now, this leads me nicely onto my achievement tonight… 31 pots of food completed!
IMG_8044.jpeg

In each pot is the exact same ingredients however, each pot varies slightly as some have the juices from one mixture but the meat from another, some have one mixture only, some have a small amount from one mixture and a larger amount from another and others have a larger amount from the other mixture whilst having a smaller amount from the second mixture.

I didn’t get a photo of what went in however it doesn’t vary much from what I had last time in the mix. I always use the same base mix - heavy on mysis and then a couple of other foods thrown in (this time it was Red Plankton, Bloodworms, Cyclops, Copepods, Mussle, brine shrimp and a few others).
IMG_7447.jpeg

IMG_7451.jpeg
Oh, if only corals were as forgiving as fish :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Anyway I was also thinking of making my own fish food blend, thinking of using used fish food cube trays as molds.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed my wrasse photography is lacking so tomorrow night may be a case of getting some photos of the Wrasses (and maybe ikea and the majestic).

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, if only corals were as forgiving as fish :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Anyway I was also thinking of making my own fish food blend, thinking of using used fish food cube trays as molds.
I’d love it if I could leave my corals and allow for them to heal on their own…
It’s one of the reasons I’ve lent more towards the fish in this tank.

Definitely!! I use 50ml containers for my fish food personally but I have 20+ fish with several vigorous feeders that will gladly take out food.
My butterfly is now learning to follow my rabbits and start feeding more vigorously with the others.
And the diamond tail loves a broadcast feed with how much he displays.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I kept my word about the photos and… Enjoy a huge photo dump Tuesday!
What’s your favourite fish in this group?
IMG_8092.jpeg

IMG_8091.jpeg

IMG_8090.jpeg

IMG_8089.jpeg

IMG_8088.jpeg

IMG_8081.jpeg

IMG_8080.jpeg

IMG_8079.jpeg

IMG_8078.jpeg

IMG_8077.jpeg

IMG_8076.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg

IMG_8074.jpeg

IMG_8087.jpeg

IMG_8072.jpeg

IMG_8070.jpeg

IMG_8068.jpeg

Also, look at that eye on the tilefish! It’s shocking how quickly some fish can heal.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I kept my word about the photos and… Enjoy a huge photo dump Tuesday!
What’s your favourite fish in this group?
IMG_8092.jpeg

IMG_8091.jpeg

IMG_8090.jpeg

IMG_8089.jpeg

IMG_8088.jpeg

IMG_8081.jpeg

IMG_8080.jpeg

IMG_8079.jpeg

IMG_8078.jpeg

IMG_8077.jpeg

IMG_8076.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg

IMG_8074.jpeg

IMG_8087.jpeg

IMG_8072.jpeg

IMG_8070.jpeg

IMG_8068.jpeg

Also, look at that eye on the tilefish! It’s shocking how quickly some fish can heal.
H. iridis, not even a contest for me. One of the foxes a distant second :)

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H. iridis, not even a contest for me. One of the foxes a distant second :)
When I get a 5’ tank up and running if I can get atleast 1 other fish in, that radiant will likely be paired again. Without a doubt, the radiant and diamond tail are my favourites of the wrasses currently.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I get a 5’ tank up and running if I can get atleast 1 other fish in, that radiant will likely be paired again. Without a doubt, the radiant and diamond tail are my favourites of the wrasses currently.
They've got a 5' 120g with stand and 4' sump for $500 nearby. It's sooo tempting.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back