OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, coming home with 2 new fish for my nano and a gorgeous new coral colony for this tank.
I’ve not seen this coral for a while so after seeing it last week I left it to fate and it was still sat there this weekend. So, the coral is now coming home :)

It’s very bubbly and is an LPS coral.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, coming home with 2 new fish for my nano and a gorgeous new coral colony for this tank.
I’ve not seen this coral for a while so after seeing it last week I left it to fate and it was still sat there this weekend. So, the coral is now coming home :)

It’s very bubbly and is an LPS coral.
Nemenzophyllia? Or is bubbly a hint and is is it a Pleogyra? Also what fish are we talking?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nemenzophyllia? Or is bubbly a hint and is is it a Pleogyra? Also what fish are we talking?
The coral is (I believe) Plerogyra sinuosa. And I think it is one of the true bubble corals.

The fish are to help out with Cyano, plus, i love their yellow heads on the brown body. They are a type of goby - My nano was going to be wrasse dominant but now it’s leaning towards the goby territory haha.

Last edited:

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral is (I believe) Plerogyra sinuosa. And I think it is one of the true bubble corals.

The fish are to help out with Cyano, plus, i love their yellow heads on the brown body. They are a type of goby - My nano was going to be wrasse dominant but now it’s leaning towards the goby territory haha.
Koumansettas?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Koumansettas?
Yep, a pair of rainfordi.
IMG_8135.jpeg

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, a pair of rainfordi.
IMG_8135.jpeg
Oh, by the way @i cant think, after testing the water it turns out that whatever killed the wrasse was with the individual and not the tank, so I placed an order that should arrive by Christmas. Already told you about the flasher wrasse but I'm also (hopefully) getting a trio of pictillis anthias! Though I should probably add them ~2 weeks apart to keep my system stable

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, by the way @i cant think, after testing the water it turns out that whatever killed the wrasse was with the individual and not the tank, so I placed an order that should arrive by Christmas. Already told you about the flasher wrasse but I'm also (hopefully) getting a trio of pictillis anthias! Though I should probably add them ~2 weeks apart to keep my system stable
That’s good to hear, sad about the wrasse, but hey it will all come around again :)

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know they aren’t to do with this tank but they’re just so dang adorable!
I threw in some pods for them to feed on whilst they wait for their new home and they eventually began to hunt and are still finding them.
image.jpg

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to hear, sad about the wrasse, but hey it will all come around again :)
That was definitely hard, especially for it being the first fish in a 9 month old tank. Though hopefully I have better luck with the flasher wrasse. Oh. By the way, what is the max size for filamented flasher wrasse? And do they really change colors as much as they are said to do?

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was definitely hard, especially for it being the first fish in a 9 month old tank. Though hopefully I have better luck with the flasher wrasse. Oh. By the way, what is the max size for filamented flasher wrasse? And do they really change colors as much as they are said to do?
Yep, most flashers truly change when displaying! Don’t limit yourself to just the one flasher, get atleast 2-3 different species in the long term, then you’ll see more displaying ;)

Max size is around 3-4 inches, I’ve not seen one at 4 inches yet however it’s not impossible.

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, most flashers truly change when displaying! Don’t limit yourself to just the one flasher, get atleast 2-3 different species in the long term, then you’ll see more displaying ;)

Max size is around 3-4 inches, I’ve not seen one at 4 inches yet however it’s not impossible.
There is only one available.....

OMG I'm just realizing how many wrasses you're convincing me to get

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is only one available.....

OMG I'm just realizing how many wrasses you're convincing me to get
Get the filamented then add maybe another 2-3 (different species - not the same) down the line ;)

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They areso underrattedd! Really really pretty!
IMG_1975.jpeg
IMG_2400.jpeg
He’s stunning!

My two hopefully will colour up and be just as gorgeous.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a case of waiting for him to open up but, here is the bubble coral. He isn’t completely opened yet however those feeding tentacles are stunning.
IMG_8147.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, he’s opened more now. Cant wait to see him in the day when his bubbles take over! He’s a gorgeous green and I’m sure as he grows and settles in his green will just get nicer and nicer.
IMG_8149.jpeg

IMG_8148.jpeg

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love those gobies. I guess I still have a Hector's goby in my 120. Forgot I had it in my 180. Transfered everything over to my 120. A couple months later I see it for a split second and haven't seen it again since.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back