4' 120 Gallon Stocking List Advice

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, can I see how your rock scape is set out for the YT?
If it’s flat (As in low) then it may work since there could be enough swim room for that fish in that scenario.

OP
OP
CocoReef

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, can I see how your rock scape is set out for the YT?
If it’s flat (As in low) then it may work since there could be enough swim room for that fish in that scenario.
Im nowhere close to getting a YT. I am just trying to get a plan laid out because I like to over research before doing anything in this hobby lol. I wont be getting the tank for at least another year, maybe longer. So that being said I wouldn't be getting a YT for at least 1.5 to 2 years since it will be the very last addition to the tank.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im nowhere close to getting a YT. I am just trying to get a plan laid out because I like to over research before doing anything in this hobby lol. I wont be getting the tank for at least another year, maybe longer. So that being said I wouldn't be getting a YT for at least 1.5 to 2 years since it will be the very last addition to the tank.
Okay, that’s good then!
It may work if you keep rockwork down to below 3/4 of the tank (That’s how my two wrasses are doing alright in my 18” cube even though they need 3’ Atleast). I know these tangs rarely get to 12’ but if you keep it 40 years or so chances are it could get to that size. I feel more confident knowing you want to do as much research as possible before heading into this side of the hobby.

OP
OP
CocoReef

CocoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, that’s good then!
It may work if you keep rockwork down to below 3/4 of the tank (That’s how my two wrasses are doing alright in my 18” cube even though they need 3’ Atleast). I know these tangs rarely get to 12’ but if you keep it 40 years or so chances are it could get to that size. I feel more confident knowing you want to do as much research as possible before heading into this side of the hobby.
Thank you for the advice! I am sure if it reaches above 5" I will have upgraded to a bigger tank before it does, so I don't think I will have a problem. If it does grow faster than I expect than no way will I try to keep it in a tank that is too small for it.
As for rock work I am only going to put little over 3/4 lbs/gallon rather than the recommended 1 lbs/gallon so that there will be more swimming room for the fish that will be added. The rest will be placed in the sump to build up a bacteria colony down there.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the advice! I am sure if it reaches above 5" I will have upgraded to a bigger tank before it does, so I don't think I will have a problem. If it does grow faster than I expect than no way will I try to keep it in a tank that is too small for it.
As for rock work I am only going to put little over 3/4 lbs/gallon rather than the recommended 1 lbs/gallon so that there will be more swimming room for the fish that will be added. The rest will be placed in the sump to build up a bacteria colony down there.
Here’s a photo of my 18” cube’s rockwork for some ideas - Yes the wrasses are a naoko fairy wrasse and a Blue Star Leopard Wrasse. In total there are 3 wrasse in there (BSLW, Naoko and a cryptic six line).
image.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate my 4’x2’x2’ tank, my LFS had a nice sized gold rim (My dream tang) and a .5” Orange shoulder (My second favourite tang) I wish I had Atleast 6’ of tank for just one of the two now, I love them both but unfortunately 4’ of tank with a tang in there already wouldn’t go so well…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back