4 bulb t5 bulb suggestions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mandrew
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mandrew

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
964
Reaction score
427
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom has a 10g saltwater tank we have had running for a few months now with stock bulbs. I was wondering what a good 4 bulb combo would be that could promote coral growth (for future corals) and give a good blue tint to the tank. The fixture takes 18" bulbs so the choices are limited on bulbs but what would be a good color/benficial combo? Thanks!
 
My mom has a 10g saltwater tank we have had running for a few months now with stock bulbs. I was wondering what a good 4 bulb combo would be that could promote coral growth (for future corals) and give a good blue tint to the tank. The fixture takes 18" bulbs so the choices are limited on bulbs but what would be a good color/benficial combo? Thanks!
check out Aquatic life t5 products on thier website.
 
Okay, but what bulbs should I run to get a good blue color but still promote coral growth?
 
when it comes to T5, nothing beats ATI fixture and bulbs. I am a huge fan of ATI. They also have a good range of price. Also, the bulb is actively cooled, which makes them last almost twice.
 
I already have a fixture and it takes 18" bulbs. And ATI doesn't make 18" bulbs :(
 
What corals are you planning to get? You can probably get a new fixture instead? Softies and some LPS only require less light.
 
I don't want a new fixture it's only a 10g tank. 4 t5s will be plenty I just don't know what a good combo for bulbs is >.< lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new