4 gallon marineland pico reef

nanocrazy4life

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2016
Messages
17
Reaction score
32
Location
Naples Fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my Name is Orlando I've been in hobby for over 15 years. My latest adventure in reef keeping involves this 4 gallon pico reef. I upgraded the return pump to a cobalt j400 and my light is a kessil a80. Used live rock to establish aquarium and its been running for about 11 months now. I have a couple corals I've had for over 9 years in this pico. One of which is my bounce blastos that seem to be the main showpiece in my pico. I am starting to work on a upgrade to a 14 gallon biocube I am de-rimming and upgrading pump to a sicce usa syncra 1.0 with a random flow generator nozzle. I chose the 14 because if the dimensions being proportion to the marinelands dimensions. I just wanted to give my corals a little space to grow. Hope you enjoy my thread!

IMG_20201018_145814_995.jpg IMG_20201018_145814_993.jpg IMG_20201018_145815_001.jpg IMG_20201016_202221_836.jpg IMG_20201016_202200_055.jpg
 
Looking good! Following!
 
That little tank is beautiful!!
 
That little tank is beautiful!!
Thank you! It was very hard for me to get the courage to move all these guys to the bigger tank but things went smooth and is starting to look almost like this but with a bit more room for corals to grow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new