4' x 4 ' x 16" Tank Build

Tagging along for this one. I've been contemplating a VERY similar setup. Looks good so far!
 
Update:
A good friend of mine had this awesome all in on display tank and was not using it and gave it to me to use as my sump. The tank will go underneath the display tank and tank will be full of rock and then will drain to the overflo then there will be a ehiem 1262 feeding back to the display tank



DSC04223.jpg

DSC04224.jpg
 
Sweet tank! I can't wait to see this thing with water in it!
 
I have 5 of those same sized tanks... boy are they tricky to light, i run a 400w radium over each, but to get a reasonable spread of light they have to be very high off the water
 
Ok everyone. I've been doing some thinking about the skimmer for this tank and also have been thinking on how to get a good skimmer and save money at the same time so here is what i came up with. i will post these 5 skimmers and want to hear what you guys and girls have to say.

ASM
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...egory_Code=ASM

Octopus
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...y_Code=Octopus

ATI Bubble Master
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...y_Code=ATIskim

Vertex Royal-Exclusiv Alpha 250 Cone Skimmer w/pump
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...ry_Code=Vertex

Warner Marine
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...Warner-skimmer

After doing alittle reseach i'm liking the Octopus skimmer. those sissi pumps look like they rock
 
Sweet looking setup!

I ABSOLUTELY love my MSX skimmer - it is the best $300 I have ever spent - and cheapest - on my tank
It works great and is priced well below how good it works.








Ok everyone. I've been doing some thinking about the skimmer for this tank and also have been thinking on how to get a good skimmer and save money at the same time so here is what i came up with. i will post these 5 skimmers and want to hear what you guys and girls have to say.

ASM
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...egory_Code=ASM

Octopus
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...y_Code=Octopus

ATI Bubble Master
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...y_Code=ATIskim

Vertex Royal-Exclusiv Alpha 250 Cone Skimmer w/pump
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...ry_Code=Vertex

Warner Marine
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...Warner-skimmer

After doing alittle reseach i'm liking the Octopus skimmer. those sissi pumps look like they rock
 
I got an I-Tech 400 Model Skimmer and love it! Have u thought about I-Tech Cone Skimmer, best bang for the buck.
 
Ok everyone. I've been doing some thinking about the skimmer for this tank and also have been thinking on how to get a good skimmer and save money at the same time so here is what i came up with. i will post these 5 skimmers and want to hear what you guys and girls have to say.

ASM
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...egory_Code=ASM

Octopus
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...y_Code=Octopus

ATI Bubble Master
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...y_Code=ATIskim

Vertex Royal-Exclusiv Alpha 250 Cone Skimmer w/pump
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...ry_Code=Vertex

Warner Marine
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...Warner-skimmer

After doing alittle reseach i'm liking the Octopus skimmer. those sissi pumps look like they rock

The New ATB Econo for $665 > all of these IMO: ATB 840 Cone Skimmer Gets A Makeover – v1.5 | glassbox-design.com
 
I'm not a fan of ASM skimmers. I had a G2 and eventually needed to replace the neck, o-ring, and collection cup (clumsy accident). It cost 70-80% of buying a new skimmer, and the parts had too much play to form any kind of seal. Turned out to be a complete waste. I also wasn't wild for the Sedra pump.
 
oh man. More options, does it ever end...lol thanks for all you comments. more input please
 
oh man. More options, does it ever end...lol thanks for all you comments. more input please

No options, now that ATB came out with a skimmer that matches the Vertex in price, and beats it in build quality, the choice is easy ;)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new