40-50 gallon cube?

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2013
Messages
1,489
Reaction score
63
Location
Lodi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I was planning on buying a 40-50 gallon cube and was wondering if any one knew any good models or designs that are selling with an overflow? Thanks!
 
I have a custom 45 gallon cube from Reef Savvy with a drilled smoked glass overflow. They are definitely the company to go for if the budget allows ;)
 
Reef Savvy did build the tank, although I won it at MACNA. I heard it goes for about $800-900 for the tank and stand, but it is rimless with low iron glass, really a gorgeous tank. I wouldn't have been able to own one otherwise, though :P
 
Marineland sells a 45 gallon cube and you could drill the holes for it, but I'm not sure if there are any that are pre-drilled. Do you know any glass shops around you? They may be willing to build you a tank.
 
Ok, and ya I know someone who owns a glass shop, but I was preferring to buy one already made. :)
 
I have the deep blue edge 57 rimless. I really like the tank. It was about 450-500 for tank and stand. Hope this helps.
 
Mine is 57 gallon but the cube. It is 24x24x24. I have a radion gen2 over it and all is good.
 
Thanks surf side! :)Is it 57 gallons?

The 57 Rimless is indeed 57g, however, it isn't a cube.

Deep Blue sells the Edge 60g Rimless Cube, which is 24x24x24.

Here is my fathers 60g Deep Blue:
1110_zps9d96ee4c.jpg


He got the tank dirt cheap. (Like $250 new from a LFS) and built the stand himself. I believe he could've got the pre-made stand from Deep Blue for like $225 from the LFS as well.

It does have the corner overflow, and it has 1 piece of starfire-like glass for optimal viewing.

You can find the info here: Edge
 
Last edited:
image.jpg


I have two mp10 on it. It is all run with apex neptune. Sumo, reef octopus skimmer, gfo reactor, rox .08 carbon reactor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new