40 Breeder FOWLR to Reef

dMiles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Prime HDs? I'm collecting equipment for my 40b now. Have everything but the Primes and neros.

OP
OP
dnott3

dnott3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Prime HDs? I'm collecting equipment for my 40b now. Have everything but the Primes and neros.
I really like them and the fact I can just buy more as I get a bigger tank is nice. So I can buy just a couple more lights rather than a whole new lighting setup. Mine are just the HD not the newer 16hd. They are cheaper than some of the more expensive lights and you can even the light spread out depending on position.

OP
OP
dnott3

dnott3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this frag over the weekend. I believe it is a paly. It was in the $10 section it looked like a zoa in the tank at the store but now it's not looking like it. I'm debating whether or not to put it in the display not sure I want that in the display.
20211003_183304.jpg
20211003_183237.jpg

OP
OP
dnott3

dnott3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stocking update since my last post I have added a tailspot blenny that has a huge belly on him, 2 blue eyed cardinals to add to the other one that I have, and a blue neon goby. I have a pink hammer that I have added as well that is doing okay. All the rest of the corals are doing great! Any coral suggestions would be welcomed as would fish suggestions, I think I'm done with stocking maybe 1 more fish.
20220129_134057.jpg

OP
OP
dnott3

dnott3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had something get into my tank and kill all my fish (possibly velvet). I tried to save what I could but it was too late. Now I am sitting in my fallow period, probably going to wait 90 days just to be sure. So I am looking through stocking suggestions. Does anyone have a must have fish for a 40 breeder? I have a pair of clowns in my nano so in not sure I want to do another set off clowns. Any suggestions are welcomed as well!!

OP
OP
dnott3

dnott3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I'm terrible at updating this probably because the fallow period. But to keep it short im back in the same boat with ich this time. Stock is in qt ramping up copper and tank is going to be fallow again for awhile.
My new stocking list:
1x black cap
1x flame tail blenny
1x multicolor angel
1x black and white chromis

Not much coral I added an elegance a couple weeks ago. All of the ricordea were moved to my 20 gallon cube and are doing amazing. I'll post a picture once 40 breeder gets re-aquascaped since I had to remove most of the rock to catch the fish.

Back