40 breeder

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Been building a new 40 gallon breeder reef with a 20 gallon tall sump.
*Lighting-4 24" t5 bulbs, have an assortment so gonna play around with it till I like what I see. Had a metal halide in the center but cut it out and mounted my xr15 gen 5 pro inside for a Led t5 hybrid I've been wanting to try.
*Tank- standard 40 breeder drill myself and hard plumed to a 20 gallon tall sump with self made baffles from plexiglass and a little Pcvc for support.
* Stand- picked it up on facebook repainted and reinforced. It was cheaper than building one and it just needed some paint and a few screws.
*Auto top off made from small in tank filter pump I had and a float switch from previous builds.

That's all I've done so far but its just filled with tap water. Just wanna see the water level, give it a good rinse, and leak test it. All good so far but a long ways off from moving my coral over.

I really wanted to do a few things right from the start like cord management, making sure it's right where I want it and level, just overall making it look more professional and I think I've done that to the extent I'd like so far. All my tanks have just been a mess of cords and sitting wherever I can put them so this ones really my first well put together tank. It's even my first auto top off system.

Screenshot_20210703-020711_Snapchat.jpg Screenshot_20210703-020709_Snapchat.jpg Screenshot_20210703-020708_Snapchat.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-640728143.mp4
    2.3 MB
OP
OP
Brandon3152134

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea not breeding anything. If my clowns decided too I might lol but this is just gonna be a mixed reef leaning more on lps. I'm tired of sps specifically acros they take a long time to look good and I just dont have time for them as the take so much testing and stuff to keep alive especially in a 30 gallon. Definitely moving my months and birdnest in tho.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back