40 gal stock list

santeeeyyy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
766
Reaction score
460
Location
Queen creek
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a 40 gal. I have a lot of space I’d say. I want to have an arrowhead crab. Cleaner shrimps. Some cool inverts as well as possibly pom pom crabs and coral banded shrimps. For fish I was thinking some bengali cardinals and a school of black gold chromis or sunset chromis. But I want fish everywhere. Some active swimmers. Blennys. Fish that are on the bottoms of the sand bed. Some in the rock work. On the rock work. Free swimmers. I need some recommendations and some hard avoids either coral nippers or bully’s or invert eaters

IMG_8664.jpeg IMG_8666.jpeg IMG_8665.jpeg
 
So what are the exact numbers of fish you are considering?

A 40 gal tank is not that big to be honest and it sounds like you want a lot of fish.

Chromis generally kill each other off, especially in a smaller tank.

I would go with a pair of banggais, one blenny, maybe a small wrasse like a pink streak, maybe a royal gramma.

You just have to be careful about what fish lives in what zone. In a smaller tank tank (sometimes even in a larger tank) they will fight over territory.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new