tank consolidation - need help with fish relocation ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Amstar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2020
Messages
822
Reaction score
483
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I am condensing/getting rid of some tanks.

What I am trying to find a home for:
1) 6 line wrasse - in a 40 gallon tote right now with live rock - from a tank tear down
2) pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby - in a 15 gallon all in one by themselves - want to get rid of this tank


tanks that are remaining (yes I know its still alot)
1) 40 gallon breeder tank - with anemones, pink spotted goby - HUGE coral banded shrimp and two mean clown fish
2) 30 gallon JBJ with fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp, pom pom crab - clown fish - goby - court jester goby
3) 150 gallon mixed reef with tangs, clown fish, cardinals, cobberband and 3 wrasses (timor, orange back and a blue start leopard) -
4) 25 gallon zoa tank with fire fish, clown and a goby and soon to be potential pipefish (I know the concerns about the pipefish)


concerns are --
1) 150 gallon -- the 3 wrasses
2) the 30 gallon is just peaceful
3) putting the 6 line, the pistol and yellow watchman in the 40 gallon anemone tank
4) putting the pistol in the 25 or the 30 gallon (loves to grab my frags and zoas and pull them to its cave)


what would you do or not do
 
IMO you're pretty stocked up on all of them... I'm no expert but that may be a situation to try and rehome elsewhere etc.
I feel like the 6 line would be ok in the 40, but you say the clowns are mean... (plenty of space to run etc.)

Are the pistol and watchman bonded?
 
so I rehomed (sold the 6 line wrasse just a bit ago). so that leaves me the yellow watchman and pistol shrimp (they are paired)

do I try them in the 40 gallon with the pink spotted goby and the clown fish?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new