40 gallon breeder club

Here’s the sump eshopps 200 with a custom lid I made from starboard and acrylic to hold the refug led light
5324B2AC-D6FA-4A4B-B885-7774E7CF1ACE.jpeg
BC80CA59-9880-4670-AE4E-35601EBE2C12.jpeg
 
Here’s my 40 breeder in progress. Downsizing from a 125 to make things more manageable. Between work and kids there hasn’t been enough time to keep up on a big tank so hopefully going smaller will make things a little more enjoyable again.

FEC7BEEB-BBA7-43E4-BC1E-B944C30A3300.jpeg


D310EDFF-2215-4957-9B19-791E88A188F2.jpeg
 
Here’s my 40 breeder in progress. Downsizing from a 125 to make things more manageable. Between work and kids there hasn’t been enough time to keep up on a big tank so hopefully going smaller will make things a little more enjoyable again.

FEC7BEEB-BBA7-43E4-BC1E-B944C30A3300.jpeg


D310EDFF-2215-4957-9B19-791E88A188F2.jpeg

Are those xr15s hanging in there? I like that stand/canopy set up, looks really nice
 
Are those xr15s hanging in there? I like that stand/canopy set up, looks really nice

No I got a really good deal on a trio of hydra 26 (non hd) and director. Way more light than I need but I figured lots of LEDs at low power will have a nicer spread than one or two fixtures.
 
No I got a really good deal on a trio of hydra 26 (non hd) and director. Way more light than I need but I figured lots of LEDs at low power will have a nicer spread than one or two fixtures.

Very true! You’ll be glad you have the extra lights once stuff starts growing.
 
Hey Y’all,

A few questions if you guys don’t mind..

I also have a 40 gallon breeder.. and before I drill I was thinking of where the return line is gonna be....As I’m adding a maxspect 330 in the same area pretty much pushing all the water to the overflow box.... but then I started thinking what if I drill the return line pretty much near the over flow box pushing some of the water back to gyre. Also I would be adding a DIY 20 gallon high sump.. I added a picture of what it would like if I go with the first option.

EAFC8730-0D5C-4211-A547-F7AD35407149.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Hey Y’all,

A few questions if you guys don’t mind..

I also have a 40 gallon breeder.. and before I drill I was thinking of where the return line is gonna be

Kind of a personal choice imo. I did my overflow in the middle and then my return drilled on the right. Had I to do it over though, I would have done duel returns. One on either side of the overflow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new