40 gallon breeder fish stock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gray999
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gray999

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2026
Messages
42
Reaction score
10
Location
oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gal breeder with two clownfish, a tiger watchman goby and I'm planning to get a cardinal today. I was hoping to maybe get a orange tailed Fiji puffer or some kind of other toby puffer, any recommendations of fish?
 
Either would be fine depending non tour end game.
If tou are doing any kind of reef, a ouffer qill most likely look at any corals or inverts as food.
If you are doing a fish only, then by all means get a Toby. Super cool fish
 
Either would be fine depending non tour end game.
If tou are doing any kind of reef, a ouffer qill most likely look at any corals or inverts as food.
If you are doing a fish only, then by all means get a Toby. Super cool fish
would it pick at zoa's and mushrooms? if not then I'd probably get one, I'm not planning on keeping Stony coral, mainly just softies and maybe a sps
 
would it pick at zoa's and mushrooms? if not then I'd probably get one, I'm not planning on keeping Stony coral, mainly just softies and maybe a sps
Most likely yes. They will pick on LPS, soft coral and mushrooms. Zoas too.
Tobys and the like are really better suited to a fish only tank.
You will get the people saying "mine doesn't touch anything", but in reality there is a high likelihood that most anything in a "reef" tank is on the menu..
 
Most likely yes. They will pick on LPS, soft coral and mushrooms. Zoas too.
Tobys and the like are really better suited to a fish only tank.
You will get the people saying "mine doesn't touch anything", but in reality there is a high likelihood that most anything in a "reef" tank is on the menu..
what about a bubble tip for my clowns?
 
what about a bubble tip for my clowns?
My Toby cleaned out my zoa/palys/shrooms and picks at everything but the clowns won't let it near the bubble tip in the tank . Great fish he is the crowd favorite in my 180.
 
My Toby cleaned out my zoa/palys/shrooms and picks at everything but the clowns won't let it near the bubble tip in the tank . Great fish he is the crowd favorite in my 180.
what kind of toby was it? do different toby species eat coral more then others?
 
would it pick at zoa's and mushrooms? if not then I'd probably get one, I'm not planning on keeping Stony coral, mainly just softies and maybe a sps
Do you have a shrimp with your goby? If so puffer will eat it. And my dog face puffer eats anemones, mushrooms and other puffy looking corals
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new