40 gallon breeder lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ruzoko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
After looking it all over I think ill go with the AI prime 16 LEDs, but do I have to buy mount separately or is there an all in 1 kit?
 
After looking it all over I think ill go with the AI prime 16 LEDs, but do I have to buy mount separately or is there an all in 1 kit?
You could look for them used on facebook marketplace of craigslist or locate your nearest marine club .. Yes the mounts are separate if buying new.
 
I went with a photon 24 inch on my 40g and it covers perfect . Can’t beat the price and comes with mount
 
Here’s a pic
 

Attachments

  • 56D73D13-0B46-416D-BF52-0BC0574FA738.jpeg
    56D73D13-0B46-416D-BF52-0BC0574FA738.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 288
I knooow because that breeder is a biggin. This is why cube tanks are killin it out th
Was trying to find the best way to light a 40-gallon breeder for coral growth at decent pricing. Currently was looking at Current USA Orbit Marine LED Aquarium Light but the bars are only about 4 inches each so think I would need 2 for the coverage. What I would prefer is either 1 light that can cover the entire tank or multiples that would work within the same price range. Clip-on lights, hanging, bar, etc just trying to stick to LEDs over anything else.
im going to use one kessil a360x mounted inside a t5 HO 36"- but no corals for 6 months or until my chemistry is where it needs to be
 
right now I have a similar dimension tank. I am lighting it with one Kessil A360x because I dont have many corals yet. BUT, plan is to add an aquatic life hybrid t5 to mount the kessil inside. If you have a setup like that, there isnt a coral that cannot be grown with that at full power.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new