40 Gallon Breeder

Aviido

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new build in the next couple of weeks. Gonna look a little something like this...

-40G Breeder

-20G Long Custom Sump

- SC Aquariums 301 Protein Skimmer

-Sicce Syncra 1.5 Return Pump

-2 EHEIM 150w Heaters

-SB ReefLights 16" Elite

-3K Gyre Powerhead

- Aquahub DIY Top-it-Off

-Glass Holes 700 GPH overflow (If I can ever get it ordered)

That's all I got so far. Quite sure I'll be adding more as I go along. Wanted to get this started this week but ran into a bit of a set back when I went out to my shed a realized some low life went in there and stole my miter and table saw along with my tool box. It's ok though. I'm just hoping someone needed it more than I did. I'll find another way to get it done. Stand by for lots of pics. Can't wait to get it started.

16665382_1639129736393591_34844960272974366_o.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason for the low gph pump? (especially with that 700gph over flow) I have a 40 breeder and went with the sicce syncra 3.0 which is adjustable from 250-715 gph, I have it adjusted to the second or third notch from the lowest setting. The only reason I ask is I started out with an Aquatop SWP1300 which was 343gph and with my head height it wasn't pushing enough flow for my liking, especially through my fuge which I was trying to get chaeto to tumble, and with the low GPH couldn't get it to, now with the new pump I have enough flow that its constantly tumbling and growing like crazy (with the addition of my new Kessil A380) Again just curious, looks like it's going to be an awesome set up and I look forward to the build thread for it :)

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason for the low gph pump? (especially with that 700gph over flow) I have a 40 breeder and went with the sicce syncra 3.0 which is adjustable from 250-715 gph, I have it adjusted to the second or third notch from the lowest setting. The only reason I ask is I started out with an Aquatop SWP1300 which was 343gph and with my head height it wasn't pushing enough flow for my liking, especially through my fuge which I was trying to get chaeto to tumble, and with the low GPH couldn't get it to, now with the new pump I have enough flow that its constantly tumbling and growing like crazy (with the addition of my new Kessil A380) Again just curious, looks like it's going to be an awesome set up and I look forward to the build thread for it :)
I used the 1.5 for a very long time and had no real issue, the only complaint was that the sump collected a lot of gunk, that being said I recently ordered a 4.0 for my 40b. Either way, I am excited for the guild. Love the 40b!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back