40 Gallon IM build

jkush710

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 29, 2015
Messages
76
Reaction score
26
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be my page on the progression of my 40 gallon IM tank. The tank will be only higher end zoas/palys, and LPS. I'v had a few tanks in the past with zoas that melted away, and I want to do this one right from the start. Now that their is better lighting and technology out, it's a lot easier starting out! The tank is about 4 days old.

Some current equipment on the tank:
AI Prime LED
Aquamaxx HOB-1 skimmer
Vortech mp10

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_1985.jpg
 
Great start and nice equipment. I am surprised the Prime puts out that kind of spread on a 40, cool.
 
Great start and nice equipment. I am surprised the Prime puts out that kind of spread on a 40, cool.
Yeah! It's a 24" span and does a great job lighting the tank. In the future I will probably switch to an Ecotech
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new