400 Gallon Starfire Build - Mixed Reef

I installed a 6 stage RODI system in my basement and ran a 1/4 inch tube that will go directly into the sump with a float valve.




Can't wait to put my lights on and finally play with them. 2 more Radion Pros, 1 more MP40 and 2 MP60's on the way.




This is the Vertex reactor I will be running my bio-pellets in.




Moon lights and I know this is over kill, but I wanted to put this Reef Brite over my Refugium and have it be able to light up most of the stand.




I used this on my 120. Acclimation Box from Elite Aquatics. These are worth every penny.

 
This will be my first attempt at trying to aqua-scape without just stacking them. I picked up some acrylic rods today and I was surprised at how cheap they were. $3.00 for 6 foot lengths, 3/8 in diameter. I had them cut them in half for me. Can't wait to get this going!

 
Red bull AND Beer!?! Suprised they haven't run you outta town yet ;)

Tank and stand look great. Looking forward to seeing this full.
 
I've spoken with several people who have Leemar tanks and a few people told me that the acrylic lids will sometimes start to bow. I ended up going to an acrylic manufacture today and got a couple pieces of acrylic cut and glued them on the inside of the lids to help prevent them from bending over time.

 
Elite Aquatics sent me a picture of my custom sump this afternoon. It's not finished yet, it's looking awesome. I love their work! I'll post some more pictures of it when I pick it up in a few days.

 
Picked up my skimmer today... This thing is huge! And yes, we went to Dairy Queen for dinner. Sorry about the mess in the pic haha



DC pump for the skimmer and I can adjust the flow.

 
Last edited:
Picked up my Loc-line hose parts for my returns. I have 4 returns and will be splitting each one off into the tank for a total of 8. $150 for this stuff... Why didn't I invent this?




I got 40 feet of 1/4 inch tubing for my Vertex Libra Dosser and the float valves for my R/O line that will drip into the sump. I ordered this stuff from Bulk Reef Supply. I was going to do colored tubing, but I decided I wanted to be able to see my Alk/Mag/Cal in the tube.

 
Picked up my Loc-line hose parts for my returns. I have 4 returns and will be splitting each one off into the tank for a total of 8. $150 for this stuff... Why didn't I invent this?



You don't know how many times I have said that about a number of different things in life.

Things are looking great glad it's moving along well.


Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new