millotoli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought i would post some pics of my reef tank, and keep track of it,

The tank was wet on the 29/7/14,
I have only been reefing for around 4 years. Everyday i wonder what i am doing, spending every dollar and spare minute working or thinking about a fish tank, but you only have to sit back and enjoy the view to realise its worth it. There is something about growing a colony from a frag that just does it for you.

Tank specs,

Tank; 1500x1200x600 starfire with eurobrace

Stand; Custom made timber stand with spotted gum cladding. light good is the same.

Sump; I have a 5x2 sump behind the tank, I am also running a 4x2 fuge,

Lighting; I run two 8tube 54w ATI power Modules, two 150w Giesmann halides and 2 Kessil 360w for the blue.

Flow; four Tunze 6105, and a closed loop using a panworld.

Skimmer; Royal exclusive double cone 250. as well as that i have the Bashsea twisted skimmer 6-26 running just to supplement

System type; I started with a mixed reef, however i have slowly removed the LPS, to go for a more sps dominate tank. I just have the odd piece of LPS that i couldn't go past. I am aiming for a clean and natural system, the only reactors i run is rowaphos, outside of that i rely on my live rock, DSB and macro to filter the water. I am still trying to work out if that is enough to keep a healthy tank long term.

IMG_5347.JPG
IMG_5348.JPG
IMG_5361.JPG

Last edited:

JMMJ13902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Breathtaking tank. Love the fish choices and corals as well. Very well organizing.

Thanks for sharing your pretty setup with us.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonderful tank. That Cucumber looks huge. Quite the selection of corals and other inverts.

OP
OP
millotoli

millotoli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing quite like a bit of cyno, haha, I believe it is because i did a very large water change, 600l, ( i left it to drain for too long :( )
and only had very cold water to put back in, I dropped the temp from 26.5 - 19.4, it most probably swung the alk, and other measurements, I will be interested how long it lasts with out intervention if i just maintain a stable tank...?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 58 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back