40B+20L Mixed Reef Displays

  • Thread starter Thread starter james30ct
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

james30ct

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2012
Messages
594
Reaction score
47
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broke down my 155g and set this system up last weekend. So far I really like it. Much easier to clean.
System
display 40b and 20l side by side plumbed together

29g sump
bubble magus bm155 skimmer
jebao rw15 in the 40 and wp10 in the 20
10g ato run by jbj ato
3 reefbreeders value fixtures going to add 2 60" t5's

Livestock
40b
lyretail anthais, green chromis, 2 occ clowns
green gig anemone
squamosa clam
various sps

20l
purple pseudocromis, yellow clown goby
rbta
torches, duncan, bubble coral, yellow fiji leather, zoas and more lps
 
Last edited:
Things are moving along. Hopefully I can neaten up some electrical this weekend and put the doors on the stand. Going to change gfo every four days to hopefully get the algae to go away. Hopefully it wont mess anything up.

 
Keep close eye on alk when changing gfo that much. A lot of gfo can drop alk fast. I've had some note worthy alk swings caused by this.

Tanks look nice
 
Alk is giving me problems. I check it with a salifert kit and get high 6's. I check it with api and get 8. I recently started switching to rc salt and have been mixing it with regular io so i dont shock anything. But im still getting stn on some sps. I was going to try 2 part but im not sure where the alk actually is. I wouldn't think its 6 using rc.
 
Looking really good. It looks like you're running a ton of white LEDs gauging by the reflection in that one pic. Is that stock, and why so little blue?

It might have just been the camera. I run the blue channels at 75% and the whites at 50%. Now it also has 2 coral+ bulbs in the mix.
 
Yeah, my buddy just devastated his tank with gfo. I guess people recommend starting with half dose and working up, but he put the full dose in and the corals started melting after just 1 day. Over 100 kinds of corals. :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new