40B Colorado Build and BS!

How you like the reef breeders led, is it enough lighting, someone is selling a use one don’t know if I should hop on it
It puts out plenty of PAR for anything you would want to keep in a 40. I have mine programmed to peak out at 35% intensity for a few hours each day. I came up with that number after watching some YouTube videos by BRS that reviewed and tested these lights.
 
Tested the water today and came up with:
Magnesium 1320
Calcium 400
Alkalinity 5 dKH
Phosphate .03

I added some soda ash solution and alkalinity is up to 6-6.5. Going to add more tomorrow and try for 7.5.
 
Just tested nitrates too. Way down to maybe 1 ppm. image.jpg
 
image.jpg 0EC6577F-CEEC-47CE-8BFC-479DBE543E26.jpeg
Picked up this clown and this SPS today. I think they said it’s a stylophora, supposed to be one of the easier SPS.
 
Last edited:
Today I did a 10% water change and made 10 gallons of saltwater at 1.026. Clown and corals are happy. I’m just using Reef Crystals for now, it was only $37 on Amazon.
 
Picked up several more corals and another clown last weekend. Chaeto for the Fuge, ordered a smart plug on Amazon to use as a timer for the Fuge light. More pics to follow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new