40BR build

SJ-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i personally am a big fan of that pump and the Jebaos in general. At their price point they can't really be beat. Just have realistic expectations, these are good pumps but are no Tunze's or EcoTech's
Thats why you need to have a backup, expect them to break or the controller to do its own thing after a while. I normally get 1.5 years out of them before they act up.

OP
OP
SmokeyGnar

SmokeyGnar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let me know how you like this. I have 2 koralias for my 40 and am looking for one more powerhead. Im very much considering this.

Ps. Following

I just set it up in my 55 along with the two garbage no name Chinese wave pumps I've had in there for the past year. I set it to the sin wave function and it instantly kicked up all kinds of stuff from the rocks, it was awesome to watch it do it's job haha this is the first "real" pump I've owned and so far I'm impressed.

I'm trying to do everything right from the start with this tank so I avoid the mistakes of my first setup[emoji21]

OP
OP
SmokeyGnar

SmokeyGnar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally installing the tank in my house! After a few minor setbacks it's finally up and running. I used rock, water,and sand from my old tank along with a little bit of new sand and rock to fill in some spots in the aquascape. I'll post another pic once the cloudiness clears and the fish go in!

4b34562f72712c62e11848a004a548e3.jpg

OP
OP
SmokeyGnar

SmokeyGnar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I'm debating wether or not to build a canopy[emoji848][emoji848]

OP
OP
SmokeyGnar

SmokeyGnar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dreaded weekly water change[emoji33]

c03d716e1a5db6ce296981b9ea6add40.jpg
d55c658a8c18a44ce4d083c1823db146.jpg

I see lots of people trying to shy away from regular water changes [emoji848]

Now that I have a sump and skimmer and can run reactors and all this fancy equipment I still do a weekly 5gallon water change. Maybe it's just a force of habit from back when live rock was my only filtration lol but I feel like the tank definitely benefits from this 5min process. While the buckets fill and drain I usually take the time to do other weekly maintenance also! I guess they're not that much of a bummer to me

Also trying to decide wether to bring in acans or a frogspawn for this tanks first LPS.. decisions decisions

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back