OP
jfriedell15

jfriedell15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! If you do a water change read the fritz enzyme bottle and dose again. I think i remember it saying you can dose with water changes (at a much lower quantity) and I'd recommend since a lot may have died off in the time between the first dose and the addition of the fish
Thanks for the help! I’ll have to buy another bottle b/c I used the whole other one when I did the first dose. Should I do it right after the water change or could I wait for a few days before adding it?

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help! I’ll have to buy another bottle b/c I used the whole other one when I did the first dose. Should I do it right after the water change or could I wait for a few days before adding it?
I would do it right after you finish the water change

OP
OP
jfriedell15

jfriedell15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Just finish water change a few minutes ago and added the Fritzzyme 9 right after. I bought the water from fish store so it should be good. Should I do another water change next week? And if I should how big should it be?

OP
OP
jfriedell15

jfriedell15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update! I skimmer I ordered just arrived and I just finish setting it up. The instructions were a bit hard to under stand but I’m pretty sure I did it right but I guess we will see. I got the Macro M-50 hang on skimmer from Amazon. I’m pretty sure I have it set to Dry Skimming (If that means anything) but if you see I did something wrong or have any questions just let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 34

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update! I skimmer I ordered just arrived and I just finish setting it up. The instructions were a bit hard to under stand but I’m pretty sure I did it right but I guess we will see. I got the Macro M-50 hang on skimmer from Amazon. I’m pretty sure I have it set to Dry Skimming (If that means anything) but if you see I did something wrong or have any questions just let me know.
Looking great! That skimmate seems very “wet.” A dry skim should produce “dry” bubbles the flow into the collection cup incredibly slowly (building up dark liquid at the bottom of the cup). Adjust the grey knob on the right arm of the skimmer to prevent too much water from getting in the cup. Also, make sure the skimmer intake remains clean.

OP
OP
jfriedell15

jfriedell15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok quick update. I emptied out the collection cup yesterday and this is what has collected in it in about 22 hours. The water seems to be discolored but other than that I don’t see anything else in it. I’m still try to run dry but I dont think it’s working so I think I’ll switch to wet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 34

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok quick update. I emptied out the collection cup yesterday and this is what has collected in it in about 22 hours. The water seems to be discolored but other than that I don’t see anything else in it. I’m still try to run dry but I dont think it’s working so I think I’ll switch to wet.
Skimmers might not work perfectly during their break-in period, which can last about 1-2 weeks after startup. In my experience, however, my skimmer's (same model as yours) efficiency varies throughout the time it is on (despite being over a year old). I do not believe this has brought about any negative consequences.

OP
OP
jfriedell15

jfriedell15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad Update :(. I went to feed the fish and I realized one of the fish died. I don’t know what happened but there are a few thing that might have had something to do with it. I did forget to feed them yesterday but I do t think that would kill them. The water level is also like 3/4 of an inch lower than it usually is. I haven’t done water tests yet but I am doing them right now so I will post another update with the results.

Attachments

• 8ACB9370-A8B7-46CC-B0D9-3E6FF9262AC8.jpeg
    8ACB9370-A8B7-46CC-B0D9-3E6FF9262AC8.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
jfriedell15

jfriedell15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad Update :(. I went to feed the fish and I realized one of the fish died. I don’t know what happened but there are a few thing that might have had something to do with it. I did forget to feed them yesterday but I do t think that would kill them. The water level is also like 3/4 of an inch lower than it usually is. I haven’t done water tests yet but I am doing them right now so I will post another update with the results.
Results. Ok everything is normal except nitrates. My nitrate levels are at almost 40ppm so I’ll do a water change today or tomorrow but other than that I do t know what killed him. Stress maybe? Idk. Let me know your opinion.

OP
OP
jfriedell15

jfriedell15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update! I went to Petco today because it’s been three weeks since I got the first clownfish. I ended getting a Blood Maroon Clown (I think that’s what it’s called), a Goby of some sort (I forgot what’s it’s called but it looks like a mix between a yellow watchman and a diamond back) and a pistol shrimp. I wasn’t planning on getting the pistol shrimp but the guy there said the form a great bond with the goby and it looked super cool so I couldn’t resist. They didn’t have the other stuff I was planning to get but I may look online or wait until they have them in stock. I haven’t seen the shrimp yet since I put it in the tank but it has only been a day so I’m confident it’ll show its face soon. The goby has already started on a burrow under one of the live rocks and it’s seems very skittish when it sees me but that seems normal. So far the protein skimmer has been working great it’s been getting a bunch of stuff and so far I’m happy I got it. That’s about it for now. I’ll update next sometime soon on how the fish are doing.

B544D23F-B0D9-4E9D-85A7-7EF32F0ABC5F.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back