40g Community Tank Build Thread...

What is your favourite type of Tank? (Sorry if this has already been asked)

• Total voters
OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wassup Peeps! Some new news, Nitrate are 5ppm and phosphate are really close to zero (Which I know isn't good I will try and feed more.) I just adding a filter intake sponge and some aquaforest carbon to my system! Next week expecting to get some Euphyllia!

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 More days until I get some Euphyllia! The anemone has moved into the rockwork and and is now peeking out of a crevice, hopefully the brittle star will keep him company.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current Stocking List:
2- Ocellaris Clownfish (Owned)
1- Coral Beauty Angelfish (Owned)
1- Yellow Watchman Goby
1- Lawnmower Blenny
1- Diamond Watchman Goby.

Inverts and CUC:
2- Maxima Clams
2- Coco Worms
4- Trochus Snails (Own Two)
1- Nassarius Snail (Owned)
3- Janitor Hermit Crabs
1- Pincushion Urchin (Owned)
1- Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
1- Brittle Sea Star (Owned)
1- Blue Lincktia Starfish (Owned)
1- Bubble Tip Anemone (Owned)

Coral:
1- Frogspawn Coral
3- Hammer Coral
4- Torch Coral.

This is my stocking list so far,

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay everyone big announcement...

I don't want corals anymore. I just want a nice easy to keep fowlr aquarium (With inverts,) s yes parameters are still important but lots of other things aren't and can I still be on this forum if I am going fowlr?

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realised I just wanted some fish and some inverts, not keeping complicated corals etc.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I realised I just wanted some fish and some inverts, not keeping complicated corals etc.
Don't give up on corals they are fun!

I know its frustrating at the beginning but it does get better with time.

But if you are going fish only thats really cool too!

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everythings good, I didn't get any corals because the anemone has been moving lately and until he is settled I won't get any corals, I did get Aqua Forest Algae clips for the coral beauty and a new inhabitant.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay some updates :)

Just got a new Ecotech Vortech for my tank and trying to connect to mobius without throwing my phone across the room and my male clownfish (Damien) is hosting the anemone and night and when the female bullies him he goes in their for shelter and the female (Roy) will also stick his head in their a couple times but just hosts the back glass of the aqaurium at night, hopefully they will start hosting but the anemone is massive so maybe the female cannot fit.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full Tank Shots!! I apologise on the tank being a bit a cloudy it was clear last night, probably the algae I fed. Also there is algae on the sides I am soo lazy doing that but I do do other things that are important

D00A6605-9317-41A4-BCE0-87E984D4C5E1.jpeg 3A1C393A-E3E0-4666-9B10-273E56A69779.jpeg D704C0C4-DD01-4F83-9207-7DF1F0D44000.jpeg 9AFDE156-94FB-4AFA-AC8F-5998BBF4F0B0.jpeg DD676092-E5A6-46B1-BA55-C2727B9C417D.jpeg 6AD53694-0574-454D-B4FA-DD4C0C6DB98B.jpeg

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has worst luck then me please say so. After this lockdown (EVERYTHING is closed) Ich is getting worse and both my Ocellaris clowns and mystery fish have died, angelfish has nipped fins and will most likely soon follow. Lincktia I think is disenagrating and only have a single bucket of water to spare over 4 1/2 weeks (Ran out of salt). After this event I will leave the tank fishless for 2 to 3 months although I may add inverts like some shrimps or anemones etc. I plan to get rid of all the algae I have, make the water quality great and crystal clear and when the cyano seems under control might start adding some euphyllia. :(

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
--------------------------------------------------------TANK UPDATE-----------------------------------------------------

So due to COVID, I haven't been able to buy anything or get advice from my LFS. Since my fish died (R.I.P) the tank has been infested with algae. Literally, algae everywhere. The water seems fine though. All the sea stars and invertebrates seem healthy. I have been feeding the tank about 1/3 of a cube of mysis a day for the BTA and CuC. I have started removing the algae everyday and I really have to scrape the film algae to get it off. Now that I will try and keep the algae at bay until i get some more CuC and fish.

For the tank now thats its fishless (I am waiting 72 days for the ich to die), I can add new fish and have some exotic creatures I couldn't have before. To stock the tank, I want to have some exotic, animal in my aqauria. I have decided to go with seahorses as they don't require much more effort than a regular reef, or atleast captive bred ones (Which we have in Australia for once.). As well as maybe 3 (H. reidi) seahorses, I plan on having some more snails (Assorted) and a bunch of peppermint shrimp (For aiptasia control as I don't want aiptasia stinging the seahorses). Maybe 10.

As for fish, I plan on having a bicolour blenny, Shrimp + Goby pair and a mandarin when my tank is ready. Also, does anyone know any covers I can get to cover a corner of a tank because I do have a BTA who seems to be thriving but he is in the corner of the tank and I still want him to get flow, food and light. I really hope the seahorses also perch on the blue lincktia and maybe even the small black brittle star I have. That would be a site to behold.

Anyway, thanks if you read all this. Have a good weeek everyone! :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back