40g cube, opinions please.

  • Thread starter Thread starter welshgazz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

welshgazz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2019
Messages
66
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, my 40g cube is running nicely, fish are healthy, couple of snail deaths but perhaps not enough algae for them. Anyway I thought I would share a few pics and see what you all think. I added a small zoa colony as my first coral, going to add some more and planning on toadstool before moving onto hammers and torches along with Duncan and acans. I have a plan in my head where I'm putting things. Will see how it pans out. Time is my friend I am in no rush.

IMG_20250929_195002929.jpg 1759172481002377234086169238119.jpg IMG_20250929_200239963.jpg IMG_20250929_200302784.jpg
 
Hi all, my 40g cube is running nicely, fish are healthy, couple of snail deaths but perhaps not enough algae for them. Anyway I thought I would share a few pics and see what you all think. I added a small zoa colony as my first coral, going to add some more and planning on toadstool before moving onto hammers and torches along with Duncan and acans. I have a plan in my head where I'm putting things. Will see how it pans out. Time is my friend I am in no rush.

IMG_20250929_195002929.jpg 1759172481002377234086169238119.jpg IMG_20250929_200239963.jpg IMG_20250929_200302784.jpg
Tank is looking nice! How long have you had it setup?
 
Tank is looking nice! How long have you had it setup?
I bought it 6 weeks ago, before that it was fun for a couple of years. It was "down" literally a few hours in transit. I have got diatoms on the sand ATM plus a bit of bubble algae.
 
Looks good. Keep up the patience, and you will be rewarded.
 
How is this going?
What is your plan? i believe most will say that what you do depends on what are you looking for. Just some softies? lps? sps?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new