40g cube suggestions and advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter welshgazz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

welshgazz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2019
Messages
66
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, my 40g cube has been running nicely for a month or so. Nitrates coming down, phosphate slowly reducing. I have a 5g sump so full system is 45g. I have a nice load of live rock and just upgraded the light to popbloom rl90 which I'm running at 85%. I will be looking to check par levels soon.

My current stock list is :
Pair of percula clowns
Bengai cardinal
Chalk bass
Royal gramma

A few snails and hermits as well as a cleaner shrimp and emerald crab.

I am going to add a goby/shrimp pair but then I'm looking for suggestions. Is there a wrasse that I could add, or a dwarf angel or something else? Not looking for many fish now. I am going to start adding some soft corals next, zoas and a toadstool. After Christmas I'm going to start with lps (hammers, torches, acans).

Thank you for reading, I appreciate any advice you offer in terms of livestock etc.

17590521766196120331989702166113.jpg
 
Coral B, flame, flameback are some options for angels.

Possum wrass, six line, pink streak, and certain fairy wrasse are good options for wrasse.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new