40G Cube Stocking List + Stocking Questions

GavinTrz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
Within the next week or so I will be setting up an all in one 40g cube (22x22x22), and I have a few questions about stocking. So far my final stocking list would be:
2x B&W Oscilaris Clownfish
3x Pajama Cardinalfish
1x Royal Gramma
1x Watchman Goby
1x Clown Goby
I was thinking about adding a wrasse to this list but I wasn't sure what breed would be a good fit for a tank with these dimensions.

As for inverts, I was thinking:
1x Coral Banded Shrimp
2x Cleaner Shrimp
5x Trochus Snails
Another invert I was thinking about was a sea star, but I wasn't sure which breeds are reef compatible and which aren't.
I was also thinking about getting some type of urchin, but I wasn't sure if they would get picked on by other fish in the tank.

I was also unsure of what order to add these fish into the tank to avoid some of the more aggressive ones from bullying the rest of their tankmates. Thank you for your time!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Coral Banded Shrimp are great to have in a tank. They can get kinda big looking. But one of my favorites.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I would hold off on the urchin and starfish- they can be a bit sensitive to stability, so they're best added once there is enough microfauna to keep them well fed (and when the tank is a bit more mature).

The rest of the stocking seems pretty friendly- I would add them slowly and not at once. In terms of who is the most "aggressive" of your bunch, it's likely the royal gramma/clownfish. You could always add these guys last to avoid any issues :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.9%
Back