40G stocking list....

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$150 for a flame angel is just robbing someone, unless the fish was fully qt'd then maybe its worth it. Do you have another tank set up already for the convict tang and trigger?
So apparently there are different tier Petco. For instance the one by my job gets everything from lionfish, triggers, clown tangs, orange shoulder tangs, Atlantic blue tangs, midnight Angel which I just recently picked up and much more. But a Petco near my house carries the basic as you said, so you have to ask what tier they are. It also seems like depending whatever level the store is on also dictates the level of knowledge. I’ve fostered a pretty good relationship with the people at the Petco by my job. They tell me when a fish isn’t doing well and give advice when asked.
Good point. the one in the NYC definitely has more and is a way bigger store so is probably higher tier, but they still hire 16 year olds who have no idea how to run a large scale setup. The one in nyc shut down their saltwater aquarium part for a long time when one kid accidentally water changed the whole system with tap water 0 salinity

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$150 for a flame angel is just robbing someone, unless the fish was fully qt'd then maybe its worth it. Do you have another tank set up already for the convict tang and trigger?

Good point. the one in the NYC definitely has more and is a way bigger store so is probably higher tier, but they still hire 16 year olds who have no idea how to run a large scale setup. The one in nyc shut down their saltwater aquarium part for a long time when one kid accidentally water changed the whole system with tap water 0 salinity
♂️♂️♂️Wow!!!! I live in Maryland, and thankfully two of the 3 Petco’s I go to have actual aquarist that are actually into the hobby.

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh yea, I’ve got a 75G Fowlr as well. The 40 was just to get some more...”peaceful fish” that weren’t going to bother soft coral. I know lemon peels do but it’s just a thought at this point not something in serious about.

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see the $150 flame Angel is missing fins at the bottom.

Attachments

• 58A5F2AB-75D2-488E-ACF1-906277DC3453.png
    58A5F2AB-75D2-488E-ACF1-906277DC3453.png
    546.2 KB · Views: 25

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 61.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 84 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 42 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 65 27.2%
Back