40x18x18 lighting, Reefi vs orphek

rexzilla_03

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2022
Messages
36
Reaction score
78
Location
arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I currently have a 40x18x18 reef with 2 ai primes currently, I want to get better coverage and honestly my 2 primes don’t match even tho they mirror each other, low settings one is more violet/blue and one is more green. Anyway, I’m comparing light for mostly lps but may do a mixed reef as there’s nothing in it but a nem.
Comparing coverage between the newer orphek atlantik icon single or a pair of Reefi uno’s, the duo extreme shows coverage up to 48” however I know I could get better true coverage with a pair of unos.
I hear great things about both but want to know what would he preferred for my tank set up and plans. The unos are very strong so I know I would need to run them on pretty low.
Ideas between those 2?
 
What you did finally?
 
I run Orpheks Atlantis on two of my tanks. I like the overall quality, the ease of setup through the app, and the coloration. I have issues with too much intensity and losing coral as a result, but that just means I need to start lower and then increase.

The big con for me is that the lights weigh 15 lbs and there aren't a lot of mounting options that worked for me.

I have two reef fi's on order an uno with the higher LED count, and a DUO that I intend to run with two Kessils on my RED SEA 108 gallon. That tank is intended as a grow out tank, so I'm excited to see what the combination of lights will do for me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new