0   0   0
That was epic struggle like never seen before . Dang glad that's done
image.jpeg

nitrodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cap games are always fun after a couple. Some of them are pretty tough. Who's got skills.
image.jpeg

Time to face the music.
Andmy best guess on the other one is "spoon me" lol
Amirite?

Whered you get all the sand?
And i know your pain moving a tank that size..mines acrylic but 1.25" thick and it was a heavy beast. Cant imagine a glass one!

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I think they are . I got the sand from aqua cave. Which after seeing how big the tank is I think I'm going to need more

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the plumbing with sump and returns are in . Got ceramics in . Middle piece not for a week or so. Pics don't do it justice at all. Tank is beautiful c2c for the win so far. Still have to adjust them a bit.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chipping away at plumbing drains are done. I figured out how I think I'm going to tackle returns today. The return pumps sit higher than sump holes for returns. So I actually plumbed all the drains once then realized that and had to move sump. Hopefully this time turns out . Stupid .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes same tank! Originally I was going to go eurobrace and 28' high was as high as they would go. Then I ended up going precision with the bracing for cheaper cost and longer warranty. I wish I would have gone with like a 32' instead of 28, lost a bunch of tank due to cabinets and overflows are few inches. But still hard to reach bottom, happy regardless :cool:

Check this guys build thread - no soon as i saw your tank it came to mind

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/125299/&share_tid=125299&share_fid=1020
410 gal SPS tank build in SW Florida

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbing is done. Stupid Rubbermaid kept leaking out of the vavle on bottom. Took it apart to find super weak rubber on there. Just happen to have another that fit and was thick. Put a nice bead of silicone on it to be sure . Stupid piece of :eek:. Nothing like waking up in AM to find pool of water..........going straight into your drain on floor :D. In love. Two drains go into skimmer area for mechanical filtration. One goes into rock bin and one goes into fuge which spills back into sump. Also almost lost yellow tang on last ttm. No idea what happened I woke up and he was on side breathing hard out of no where, all others ok. Killed carbon and put in new power head and held him in front of it for a while, was pretty crazy. Left him after a while he was swimming upside down and totally out of it. Found him that night on side again breathing hard, held him up again. He swam into corner and payed over and I turned off the light in disgust. Woke up in am sure to see yellow dead...nope swimming like normal like nothing happier. Thank god !!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing is huge. I see you had to cut away the sheetrock! lol
How long is the sump? When I had mine made Jeff gave me a limit because his work table was only so long.

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha ya good eye. Contractor that built house gave me the ply wood and I cut it to size and when I pushed it in wall it was so tight I was looking for butter or something. Then tank came and I light bulbed that the tank was going to be same way, so I took an inch out to make sure it was sweet. As movers were unloading tank I was going wild with sawza :cool:

The sump is 6 long. The design is awesome and it's so quality. Love how fuge sits above the sump and Water goes under. Have about 10 bulkhead fittings all over everywhere which makes function amazing. We must have send 1000 emails back and forth about nothing really. He's a cool guy. Highly recommend life reef for everything.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking build, I've been emailing back and forth with Chris at C2C about a build I'm planning. How do you like their external overflows? Looks like the build quality of the tank is awesome. Your tank is going to be spectacular can't wait for progression shots as it get wet.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back