IMG_1535.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
IMG_1531.JPG
IMG_1532.JPG
Untitled.png
New build. Tank is on way, cant wait. Went with C2C custom 420g. Really wanted to get a quality tank. After looking around doesn't seem to get much better. 8x3x28. 2 External OF. I have most of the equipment already. Tank room 14x8. Sink, humistat on exhaust fan, drain, front access. Also putting a bulkhead on sump, hooking to drain for instant sump cleaning / water changes. @Diesel @Battlecorals @slojmn @Scoly @3FordFamily @Reef Breeders @Humblefish

Apex
4x Photon 48' (Been loving them)
Geo calcium reactor
Tunze Auto top
Reef Octo 5000 w. auto cleaner
Mp40's / 60

Last edited by a moderator:

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Coast to Coast does top notch work! I have a much smaller C2C now and I love it (although I'm going with euro-bracing next time)! Can't wait to see this one in action

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I was going euro with this at first, its the max euro size. Then I thought about it and it scared me to think there was a reason they wouldn't go any bigger and chickened out. Plus there's a huge cost discount and longer warranty. Back and sides black w. starphire front.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build my friend.
You mentioned all good points.
I second the Euro-bracing, nothing structural just for the splash.
When you do some work in the tank you will have some splash that water will go over the edge, fragging corals, cleaning front glass, wave-makers, not to mention big fish when feeding.
Believe me, I have two frag tanks that used to be rimless 5'x2' and I'm glad that after a year I added the euro brace to it.
No need to alter the tank glass thickness just ask if it's still possible.

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ Whats up big dawg. Sorry that was short on my end. I ended up going with precision top bracing across the top instead of euro. Definitely wanted to make sure it stayed together. That's a progress pic of the tank, its not completed yet :confused:

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok!
When I did my build they recommended the Euro not for strength but just the fact that water won't go the edge, as I HATE water going over the edge, even when I talking a bath in the Jacuzzi, just can't stand it but that's a different story. :p

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No posting any HD pics of you getting in Jacuzzi plz. :eek:

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No posting any HD pics of you getting in Jacuzzi plz. :eek:

On this point you're asking for it:)
Let me warm it up and get started.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great keep us posted!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know the lens steamed and you missed:rolleyes:

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No comments just a question............. who took this pic?? o_O

On the other hand what's your next step in your 420 gal build!

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Waiting for tank to be finished from c2c & trying to design my sump right now. I want a huge fuge area I can put a lot of macro. Doing three spaces for 7 inch socks at this point. Two will be used, one used for something else. Valve on fuge area so I can dump the sump at any time to keep clean of detrius. A few probe holders. Just looking at good places right now. Any recommendations? Looking for cheap while efficient. Also looking at Genesis water change setup is what i'll be using.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, any reactors that you going with?
I ask as you will have a huge sump/fuge and you might I almost know for sure you don't need any reactors.
As sump, you can design one with one of the many sponsors we have here or find a large enough old tank and turn that into sump, I know it's cheap but I don't know your budget.
If it was me I get a custom made sump, did saw a Lifereef sump and they look awesome but foremost functional.
Senergy on here does a great job too, or ask your tank builder.

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No reactors. I run carbon seldom. I've tried everything it seems like. Pellets, carbon, gfo, vodka, you name it. I think the best turnout for me is basically back to basics. Feeding heavy, lots of macro, regular small water changes. Here's a quick sketch. Let me know what you guys think about sump design.

1.png

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk maybe a little big. Size subject to change after talking to some people tomorrow. Thinking just two socks shorten to like 18 wide.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my custom sump 48x20x18.
I have a return reservoir that spills over into a one 7" sock and as a waterfall effect you use 100% of the sock, no need for two socks.
As you see no fuge, I don't need it, my Po4 is low 0,04 without anything.
Probe holder is on the inside of the sock compartment, in that case always accurate readings for what my tank water is.
The spill from the sump is adjustable as is also the bubble-strap spill to accommodate for the water level best for my skimmer.

sump2-jpg.135991

sump3-jpg.135992

OP
OP
dankreef

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you keep nutrients down with no macro? Just skimmer water changes and rock? How big is your tank? And is it heavy with fish? This tank is going to be stocked hard with some larger fish as well. I need the macro I think to help hold my levels down. Maybe 40 inches was too much, I think i'm going to try to get away with a 72' long sump in total. Thinking 72x24x18. Going to get some prices today.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome so far!

FYI in the future you can post your uploaded images as a full image instead of just a thumbnail. Look here:

upload%20full_zpszbccjt4y.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back