OP
DenverSaltyFarm

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Falls on the outside glass
you might think its crazy but a little trick I have seen others do is buy a glue stick and use that on the dry side stick it to the glass and it should hold and you can always remove it in the future with a little water and a razor blade

takoarm8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you might think its crazy but a little trick I have seen others do is buy a glue stick and use that on the dry side stick it to the glass and it should hold and you can always remove it in the future with a little water and a razor blade
This was before I added salt to the tank as well might change the weight n the tank?

OP
OP
DenverSaltyFarm

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was before I added salt to the tank as well might change the weight n the tank?
Im pretty sure it should hold in even a dry tank as well up to 3/4". The rubber on the dry side of the unit is a bit tacky on mine I wonder if yours might have lost some of that tacky grab. maybe take a wet towel and wipe the part that touches the glass then dry it off and see if that makes it a bit more tacky.

Also just making sure you have removed all the spacers that the mp40 comes with? have to ask :winking-face:

takoarm8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure it should hold in even a dry tank as well up to 3/4". The rubber on the dry side of the unit is a bit tacky on mine I wonder if yours might have lost some of that tacky grab. maybe take a wet towel and wipe the part that touches the glass then dry it off and see if that makes it a bit more tacky.

Also just making sure you have removed all the spacers that the mp40 comes with? have to ask :winking-face:
I’ll give it a look

OP
OP
DenverSaltyFarm

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has been smooth sailing so far. Finally got my mag 1480, alk 8.3 and Calcium 425 where I want and holding steady. I haven't had any hardships that ive had in the past starting new tanks and I attribute that to the roller mat, using great starter bacteria, and good flow no dead spots in the tank. I have been getting more color fading in the corals and I attribute that to the water being too clean. I was reading Phosphate .02 and nitrate at 1. I turned off my skimmer dosed neo-phos and neo-nitro to get Phosphate at .06 and nitrate at 10-15 and overnight I got diatoms ( Exactly what I wanted )

I'll hold numbers there along with daily feedings of AB+ and hopefully colors will bounce back nicely. No more corals lost which is great! I have a 24k gold torch coming in tomorrow and very excited to place in the tank. I also purchased a white tail bristle tooth tang from my local store and is currently in quarantine. Very excited to put in display tank in 11 days :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

image2 (18).jpeg

image1 (36).jpeg

image0 (36).jpeg

OP
OP
DenverSaltyFarm

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in a parts list for your lights mount? Did you just get a longer stainless bolt?
here is the list from Bulk reef supply. All the hardware was supplied in the kits no extra bolts needed:

(1 of these) Multi-Light RMS Track 70.5"
SKU: 208943

(1 of these) Multi-Light RMS Arm Kit​

SKU 208946​

(3 of these 1 for each light I have) RMS Slide for Radion XR15 G5 & G6​

SKU 212873​

It was a bit spendy but I wanted to stay away from DIY on this tank. Very happy with the light bar setup.

image1 (37).jpeg

It Clamps on my over flow side

image0 (37).jpeg

and rests on the opposite side with inward tension to keep it sturdy

if your euro brace goes all the way around the tank then you would just need longer bolts at home depot to be able and use the clamps

Last edited:
OP
OP
DenverSaltyFarm

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my fist hiccup. I dosed nitrates and phosphates to the tank and got the numbers where I wanted but everything in the tank was not happy in fact I thought I was going to lose everything and have a complete crash so I did a 10 gallon water change every day until I replaced 100 gallons and everything came back happy. Needless to say I wont be dosing anymore nitrates or phosphates to the tank and will be spot feeding the corals a few times per week. my water change routine from here on out will be two 10 gallon changes per week. I plumed in a drain valve that empties the back overflow chamber, close that valve then open a valve to fill that back chamber up from my mixing station taking an entire 4 minutes to perform a water change :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I did get a clean up crew that has been hard at work. Will do another photo update soon.

OP
OP
DenverSaltyFarm

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is still going strong. I sent off a ICP test and started to use the BRS Balling Hybrid method of adding trace elements and very excited to see how things react in the long run. I condensed all my torches to one rock structure and added a few more torches to the tank. I'm starting to forget the Torch names as I buy them so I ended up mapping out the names so I don't forget in the future. I have also been messing around with the lighting profiles and finally found one that I really like called the CoralLab LPS/Soft profile under the mobius app. More to come....

Torch coral Front.jpg

Torch Coral Back.jpg

OP
OP
DenverSaltyFarm

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Tank is almost 3 months old time flies fast. I finally got my other camera working so I am able to get better pictures. I started the BRS Balling hybrid method for dosing and everything is responded great. I am still waiting for my icp test results. I cut up one of my OG bounce mushrooms and have them recovering in a box at the bottom of the tank. more to follow :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

DSC01654.JPG

DSC01651.JPG

DSC01650.JPG

DSC01653.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
DenverSaltyFarm

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ICP test results are in. Found out I needed to recalibrate my Hannah salinity tester since the specific gravity is a bit low. started adding more salt water as the tank evaporates to get it back to where it needs. I had to make an adjustment to my Calcium and my nitrates and phosphates are much lower than I would like so currently dosing to get those up. Molybdenum is very low and I ended up getting the moonshiners elements to get things where they need to be. Big initial investment but will save in the long run. Today I stopped the BRS balling method and will stick to moonshiners for a while to see where things end up. Since I will be adding everything my tank needs I will stop doing water changes for stability and will add activated carbon to the tank for chemical filtration. Things are getting serious :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: mad scientist things going on

2023-09-29 (2).png

2023-09-29 (3).png

2023-09-29 (4).png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back