View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEFORE
8A1148CD-0AF3-4A24-8C29-8C50199B2160.jpeg

AFTER
7A5283DE-160A-4CCC-8C61-805CDC835274.jpeg
Did you sleep in it last night?? It looks like a whole family would fit!! ;Hilarious

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The snow sucked. The next morning when I was headed home I counted 6-7 wrecks. I was on highway 26S and don’t move for 45min. The last one I saw was a dually dodge that had a 30ft car trailer and it was on its side.

If I have any advice for people on icy roads beware of bridges. The cold air moving under the bridge and the cold air on top pretty much makes a skating rink.

Good thing I was stationed in Minot ND so I was like a fish in water.

But seriously driving in snow ❄️ suuuuuuucks.
Yeah it doesn't snow that much over there in TN enough but not too much but thats just 1 more obstacle. In the way of aquascape... I like your idea. I also kinda like the finger branches like the lagoon at WWC. Idk if you've seen there scape. Something like that would give you elevated areas for sticks.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UMM.. slow going :oops: LOL..pretty darn fast by my standards..;Wideyed
you called came so quick!!! i can't believe i didn't take you in basement ..my bad,nor did i look at your build either;Facepalm
oh.!!! that lepto could have saved you some money;)
call me when you get a chance:cool:

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright ladies and gentleman. I have many ideas for the aquascape. It will be bare bottom because it will be mostly sps.

Im going to draw up some designed today. If you want to help and show me what you would do. Give me some new inspiration.

one idea- you know how an elks horns or even a moose rack looks. One central island of rock with a branching pattern in every direction. Just an idea.
Kinda like this?

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an awesome aquascape but did you see the like 20k worth of xr30s behind it haha
Indeed I've seen them since they are mine LOL. :D

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UH.HUH...yes i want this one ,and that one,wait that one too.. :D:cool: very nice!!!

OP
OP
Shiggknight

Shiggknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also thinking I’ve never seen anyone make a aquascape out of marine pure media. Is there a downside to this? Once your corals grow out you hardly see the rock work anyways.
What do you guys think?

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was also thinking I’ve never seen anyone make a aquascape out of marine pure media. Is there a downside to this? Once your corals grow out you hardly see the rock work anyways.
What do you guys think?
In theory it's a cool idea. In practice it wouldn't work very well as the media is fairly brittle and gets more brittle as it ages. I rinsed out my 4 blocks a couple days ago and there is a huge difference between the 6 year old block and the 1 year old block. Other than that, they are very expensive compared to rock of similar size.

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think?
This wouldn't work, as McPuff stated, it becomes very brittle with age. In addition, you actually need to be careful how much bio media you place in the tank or sump, as with these very efficient medias you can end up dropping you nutrients too low and starving your corals. You're much better off having it in the sump so that you can add or remove as needed.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back