420g turned in 700

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spam...
20210320_113858.jpg

OP
OP
Shiggknight

Shiggknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m switching it up and going to add some sand. All the OGs of the post I’ll defer to you to help me build this tank. I know sand is a B*** to deal with but it looks good and allows me to add more bottom dwelling fish. Ohh and carpet anemone I would like to get one of every color but that’s gonna be hard. Red, blue, purple, green.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m switching it up and going to add some sand. All the OGs of the post I’ll defer to you to help me build this tank. I know sand is a B*** to deal with but it looks good and allows me to add more bottom dwelling fish. Ohh and carpet anemone I would like to get one of every color but that’s gonna be hard. Red, blue, purple, green.
Sand can be tough. Don't forget for your carpets they really like sand around 4 inches or so (at least mine are most happy at that depth) that can make having enough in your tank tough.

I am considering when I do my large build having a place in the tank where I've built some rocks in a circle on the bottom and then filled in the middle with a deeper area of sand like 4 inches and the rest of the tank approx 1 to 1.5 inches deep. Kind of a terraced effect. Hopefully that keeps the carpets where I want them.

OP
OP
Shiggknight

Shiggknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand can be tough. Don't forget for your carpets they really like sand around 4 inches or so (at least mine are most happy at that depth) that can make having enough in your tank tough.

I am considering when I do my large build having a place in the tank where I've built some rocks in a circle on the bottom and then filled in the middle with a deeper area of sand like 4 inches and the rest of the tank approx 1 to 1.5 inches deep. Kind of a terraced effect. Hopefully that keeps the carpets where I want them.
I’ll have a lot of flow so I know the sand won’t stay where I want it and in that case I’ll just take the extra sand and make a deep cove for the carpets.

CollectOyster04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not live, but I'm a big fan of the Caribsea Aragonite from Petco. Potential downside is the 10lb bags, but at $.53/lb before any tax is by far the cheapest I've come across. I'm just frugal to a fault. Used this for my old 300 gallon and for my current 240 each time using about 250lbs. Neighbors probably thought I was crazy as I had the bags all lined up out front as I rinsed them, but it wasn't too painful with the small bags. I like keeping some extra bags around as well just in case there's an itch to set up any smaller tanks. 4 bags in a fairly small box makes it easy to stow away.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back