45G stocking suggestions

Mckreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef2reef community. Looking for stocking suggestions for my 45G tank with 10G sump. I currently have 1 Royal Gramma that will be coming over to the tank. I definitely want 2 juvi Ocs and a goby to pair my snapping shrimp. Looking for some lively fish that will compliment that list. Suggestions?

Forgot to mention there is no lid on my tank and I do not want one so that rules out a lot of jumpers.

and its a mixed reef tank mostly LPS and SPS (montis) so that rules out a lot too.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say a wrasse however, Jumpers and they’re bad for it - Then again, every fish is bad when it comes to jumping - I’d recommend either a jawfish or a blenny

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef2reef community. Looking for stocking suggestions for my 45G tank with 10G sump. I currently have 1 Royal Gramma that will be coming over to the tank. I definitely want 2 juvi Ocs and a goby to pair my snapping shrimp. Looking for some lively fish that will compliment that list. Suggestions?

Forgot to mention there is no lid on my tank and I do not want one so that rules out a lot of jumpers.

and its a mixed reef tank mostly LPS and SPS (montis) so that rules out a lot too.
Pygmy angel or flameback

OP
OP
Mckreef

Mckreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say a wrasse however, Jumpers and they’re bad for it - Then again, every fish is bad when it comes to jumping - I’d recommend either a jawfish or a blenny
totally and really like the 6 line and flasher wrasse but had ruled them out, didnt want either to be a carper surfer. I was considering a Midas Blenny

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh nice those are really nice looking. I heard the are pretty aggressive though?
Mine have always been curious and spend most of their times in caves, so they’re not prone to jumping. A dwarf angelfish is also another good suggestion, but my midnight likes my acans (or more specifically, is the reason I don’t have any left) - so I’d go with a Flame or Coral Beauty. Midas Blenny is also a great choice. Another one is a Flame Hawkfish. I have all of those in my tank and they happily co-exist.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
totally and really like the 6 line and flasher wrasse but had ruled them out, didnt want either to be a carper surfer. I was considering a Midas Blenny
I wouldn’t recommend a Midas - They’re VERY active and get quite big, maybe a dot dash Blenny? Here’s mine in a blued out image, he holds the well known Blenny personality and is in the same genus as the Midas, it’s honestly underrated imo
image.jpg

Please ignore the many aptaisia, I’ve learnt to try live with them - They’re being very annoying, and I plan to go softies and macroalgae only now

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back