470 Gallon Mixed Reef + 150 Gallon Frag Tank

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We took it down in 2016/2017 :(

Strange smaller fish deaths I couldn't figure out, didn't want to risk the rarer fish I had in there, so I thought it was the smart move to break it down and spread the fish out among local reef club members :)
Darn I hate to hear that! glad you were able to disperse the fish out to others in the community though :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn I hate to hear that! glad you were able to disperse the fish out to others in the community though :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

It was like a bad relationship or job, when you leave you don't really think about it again...

I should reach out and see how the fish are doing nowadays, or maybe not lol

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely agree not to risk the health of the other fish on the DT by entering a fish without quarantine, it's a shame you couldn't have success with that fish, it's a beauty, but there are so many fish that they are almost impossible to keep that people keep buying just because they are beautiful, that is very common with novice aquarists who buy angelfishes or butterflyfishes that are quite difficult to maintain, a great initiative by Eric to refuse to continue collecting a very complicated species, I hope he is not the only one who does or did in the past.

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely agree not to risk the health of the other fish on the DT by entering a fish without quarantine, it's a shame you couldn't have success with that fish, it's a beauty, but there are so many fish that they are almost impossible to keep that people keep buying just because they are beautiful, that is very common with novice aquarists who buy angelfishes or butterflyfishes that are quite difficult to maintain, a great initiative by Eric to refuse to continue collecting a very complicated species, I hope he is not the only one who does or did in the past.

Yup excited to try the captive Hawaiians, we'll see :)

Hopefully I'm not too rusty from taking a few years foo :p

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bandit angelfish is my all time favorite fish ever. I haven’t seen it in a video before. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the videos . I hope one day to have a big ol tank like that. Congrats on the twins, and best of luck to your future reefing endeavors. Heck set up a little 125 gallon “nano” tank ;)

OP
OP
nuxx

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bandit angelfish is my all time favorite fish ever. I haven’t seen it in a video before. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the videos . I hope one day to have a big ol tank like that. Congrats on the twins, and best of luck to your future reefing endeavors. Heck set up a little 125 gallon “nano” tank ;)

The Bandit was a huge surprise to me as well.

It was a fish I could get a good price from a diver I knew and had already got my Crosshatches and a few other fish from him.

Started to bond with it when it was in QT and had to get him to start eating. I was feeding him fresh seafood from Whole Foods everyday.

When it was in the tank it really stood out which surprised me.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back