• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

4kidsandapug - buyer beware

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

BiggSean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would highly recommend not doing any business with this seller as it has been 13 days since I paid for a Varios 4 pump, and despite multiple requests for tracking information it has never been provided. I don't have the pump, and I'm out $150 at this point.

Timeline of events:

6/2/23: I responded to this seller's sales post for a Varios 4 pump, thread located here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/varios4-return-pump.973887/#post-11443617
6/2/23: I send the seller a PM, negotiating a purchase for $150 and sent a paypal payment that day. He claimed that he would send it out on the following Monday or Tuesday (6/6/23 or 6/6/23)
6/6/23: He sends me a PM indicating that he is sending it out that evening
6/6/23: In the evening I respond, asking if he had tracking information for the pump
6/7/23: I wait 24 hours and send another followup message asking for tracking information
6/9/23: After two days of zero response from the seller I send another message asking for tracking information, requesting that he send a refund if he is unable to ship it, or that I would have no other choice other than to file a Paypal claim
6/12/23: After three days the seller finally responds, saying that he shipped it out the previous Thursday (6/8/23) and that I should have it by "tomorrow" (6/13/23)
6/12/23: I thank him for the response, and again ask him if he has a tracking number.
6/13/23: After 24 hours of no response and no package as he previously indicated, I follow up again asking for tracking information
6/14/23: After another 24 hours of no response I again ask for tracking information
6/15/23: At this point it has been 3 days since I last heard from the seller. I don't have the pump that he claimed would arrive on 6/13/23 and I never recieved a tracking number.
6/15/23: Claim filed with Paypal due to non-receipt of the item and non-receipt of any type of tracking information.

AustinJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be a threat dedicated to Cheaters & Scammer.

I just lost $1,100 to a Mexican who received the product but claimed it's not been delivered and request a full refund. And Mexican Post are of ZERO HELPS!!!

OP
OP
B

BiggSean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Update: I recieved the pump today finally.

It was missing quite a few parts that the seller neglected to mention which includes:

- Coupler that screws onto the output of the pump and the various fittings/barbs that come with all Varios pumps.
- Bracket for the varios controller
- Float switch and cable that connects to the varios controller
- Bracket for float switch

Although I finally got my item, it was not what I was expecting due to it missing so many parts. I would not recommend this seller to anyone.

OP
OP
B

BiggSean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I still have an open paypal claim against this seller for not including any of the original parts, even the barb fitting that was on his post when he created the listing.

Since Varios pumps use metric fittings, I can't find anything locally to screw onto the output of this pump, and Coralvue doesn't have them in stock leaving me with a pump that I cannot use.

So aggravated that I have to deal with this. It's now approaching a month since I originally sent payment and I'm sitting on a pump that I can't use.

pump 1.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back