5 gallon cube build, need a couple suggestions please

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I have had this little 5 gallon tank I bought used a year ago. It came with a dc pump but it quickly failed. Looking for suggestions to replace it. Max width can be just under 2”, height and length doesn’t really matter to a point. Is it normal to put an ato on such a small tank? Also if anyone has ideas on a stocking list that would be cool too. This might be fun!

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I have had this little 5 gallon tank I bought used a year ago. It came with a dc pump but it quickly failed. Looking for suggestions to replace it. Max width can be just under 2”, height and length doesn’t really matter to a point. Is it normal to put an ato on such a small tank? Also if anyone has ideas on a stocking list that would be cool too. This might be fun!
For stocking, maybe a couple dartfish and a cleaner shrimp, with some snails and maybe a sand sifter!

IndianReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey woodneers! I Figure it’s an AIO... so that return pump might need something like a maxi jet with the right attachments and hose... or even the pumps used in the smaller bio cubes are good. I think the brand is coral life...I’ve had one in a nano tank running for over 4 years ... I like small cheap jebaos for the nano’s ... in my 14 biocube I use the stock return pump+ a 545 jebao... I’d stick with simple easy corals like GSP and Xenia....looks good in nanos I think. That’s my .02...

gaki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what GPH you want, but I've got a small freshwater tank and I've got this cheap pump that actually works pretty well. I have it on a nuvo 10 at about 1/2 flow and it's doing pretty good.

*wow that's a long link*

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I think it fits the footprint

For stocking, try a yellow clown goby --> they're adorable, hardy, peaceful and tiny (engineer gobies also)

Hopefully that was helpful :)

OP
OP
Woodneers

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was thinking a sicce micra they list the dimensions but not specifically the width. I can’t exceed 2” I bought the tank used and it has I tiny little dc pump. Can’t find anything to replace it!

OP
OP
Woodneers

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what GPH you want, but I've got a small freshwater tank and I've got this cheap pump that actually works pretty well. I have it on a nuvo 10 at about 1/2 flow and it's doing pretty good.

*wow that's a long link*

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but I think it fits the footprint

For stocking, try a yellow clown goby --> they're adorable, hardy, peaceful and tiny (engineer gobies also)

Hopefully that was helpful :)

Was looking at that but have no idea quart turnover I should shoot for with this tank

OP
OP
Woodneers

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok 3 different pumps are in the way! Amazon is dangerous! Still need a light for this thing! Any ideas? Would prefer something slim that mounts to the tank.

IndianReefGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok 3 different pumps are in the way! Amazon is dangerous! Still need a light for this thing! Any ideas? Would prefer something slim that mounts to the tank.
I like the small kessil with controller... mine has been up for at least 3 years.... no issues , mounts to the back with the separate arm...

Kessil Tuna Blue A80 LED Light w/ mini gooseneck

Back