5 gallon rock anemone tank

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am getting this 5 gallon marineland tank tomorrow. It comes with the tank, upgraded lighting, heater and sand. Paid $50 for it, which would be bad if it wasn't for the upgraded lighting. My plan is to do a rock flower anemone tank. I will have some CUC, maybe a few snails and a couple of shrimp, I'm undecided on what kind of shrimp I'll do. I might add a little coral to it one day but it's not in the immediate plans right now. Couple of questions if yall don't mind.

One is what kind of high temps can these guys take? This tank will be at work, on my desk. We have an air conditioner, but it has been known to randomly turn off over the weekend. I found a little hang on chiller, and wondering if I should invest in that.

questions two, is how many would be reasonable for a 5 gallon? I want it to be healthy and for them to be comfortable. I know some of them can get around 6", but do most of them actually get there?

And so everybody know, I'm fairly new to salt water. I have had fresh water for year, and have had my first saltwater for about 3 months. It was an established system and I was able to add stock pretty quick. I fell in love with rock flower anemones on that tank. I added three to it, and instantly started thinking about a dedicated rock flower tank.

24296447_387141595060240_2093489121183053370_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been getting a bunch of advise from a member. If I hadn't already agreed to buy the tank I might pass. I'm afraid I will want to upgrade the light again. But oh well, here we go. I'm going to see how the light works, and I may end up upgrading to a Kessil H80. Hopefully this one will do the job.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so apparently the guy decided he didn’t want to sell the Tank, I never heard from him. So plan B it is. I have a JBJ Nano cube that isn’t being used. I hadn’t thought about it because I didn’t think it would fit in the spot on my desk. I did some measuring and I think I can do it. I will have to place plywood underneath it because about 2” on the back and 4” on the side will hang off the desk. I’m not too worried about, the majority of it will be supported on the desk. I hate the hood of the tank so I’m going to run without it. Think one AI prime would be enough? The tank is 17.5 x 17.5

Back