0   0   0
welcome.jpg

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad you have the QT up and running and net crack jumpers are the about the hardest losses to take.. good luck
Thanks, so far I have been seeing only one small aiptasia every other week in the sand, so I have picked them up. Not a bad infestation yet. I do have a peppermint shrimp in quarantine tank waiting to get into action, should things get worse. Just not sure how that SOB (aiptasia) got in. Started with dry rock and all clean stuff.

The fish disease was brook I think. Lost two clown fishes - must had came in through the CUC that I didn’t quarantine. The fish were good for the first month and then boom after the introduction of CUC - one day one died and two days later both were gone. Then fallow, dipped the new fishes, quarantined and they have been doing ok. In the mean time, one jumped out through the narrowest gap and can’t even imagine how he got through that.

David Matthews

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey welcome. I have to agree with everyone else so far that your tank looks amazing and you seem like your catching on pretty quick. Just a quick aside tho, if you ever start having problems with your torch just know they usually like a little more flow than what it looks like you've got them in. Nother helpful piece of info someone told me before that I still have a hard time following myself sometimes is if a coral needs better flow move the coral not the powerhead. I always remember it tho then when I spend the next hour or two trying to get it just perfect again.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

As people have said if you want a shiny sand bed and clean glass you will be vacuuming and scraping as a regular task. For the sand I sometimes use a turkey baster in between water changes to tumble the sand. I usually do this if I'm having guests and want the tank to look pristine.

As far as the aptasia. If they are in the tnsk and you are finding babies chances are you will continue to find more until you introduce some kind of predator to keep them at bay. You can eradicate them with epoxy if you are extremely thorough but the babies are very hard to see sometimes.

Good luck!! Tank is looking awesome so far!

Back